WL Drills

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
SJDI
Reactions:

WL Drills

Post by SJDI »

In the drills file I have noticed some formations have a setting of "2" in the AboutFace setting(s).

I thought the valid settings were 0 or 1.

If "2" is a valid setting what does that do?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: WL Drills

Post by RebBugler »

In the drills file I have noticed some formations have a setting of "2" in the AboutFace setting(s).

I thought the valid settings were 0 or 1.

If "2" is a valid setting what does that do?
I knew, but I forgot :huh:

I just remember that my testing led me to use 2 instead of 1 to allow 'about face'.

Jim should have the definitive if no one else.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

I did some testing and it appears that any integer value other than 0 will allow the formation to about face.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
SJDI
Reactions:

Post by SJDI »

Ok,

As a side, it was neat watching a long road march column magically about face in a blink of an eye.

(fixed by changing the setting(s)in the SDK Drills)
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

If you want to support about face from this formation, the this number should be the position in your formation where you want the flag bearer to end up after the about face is completed. So after you have your formation designed, take a look at where all of the numbered slots are, then think of the formation as turned around, where would the flag bearer be? Now we don't have our columns allow about face, but if we did, then this value would have to be 60. Meaning for a good about face to occur, then the unit must occupy the same exact space that they did before the about face was called. So you would want to move the flag bearer all the way down to the last slot and have everyone else line up behind him.