Documentation for Mods ect...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
00redmd
Reactions:

Documentation for Mods ect...

Post by 00redmd »

Is there documentation on how to install Mods and other files that are for S.o.W. Gettysburg. I see Maps and Scenarios. Ect but don't know where they go in the game?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Documentation for Mods ect...

Post by Saddletank »

All mods go in the "mods" folder in the "Scourge of War - Gettysburg" folder.

Note that the path on your PC may be different to my example above, but the Mods folder is always in the same place in the SoW - GB folder.

You then activate them via the Modifications screen in the Main Menu, where you need to click on the name until a yellow rectangle shows highlighted beside its name. You can also set the sequence in which they are loaded by means of moving them up and down the list using the up/down arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen. If a mod requires to be in a certain location in the sequence the mod author will make this clear in his documentation.

You can lave any number of mods in the mods folder; the game ignores them if they are not activated (have no yellow rectangle by the name). The game only loads those mods that are highlighted.

I'm happy to give any help installing or activating any particular mod if you run into problems.
Last edited by Saddletank on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.