Could use some help on activation and downloading

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Could use some help on activation and downloading

Post by cliometrician »

I'm trying to activate and download the Pipe Creek mod which I purchased long ago, but I now have a different computer. I went to Matrix, put in the correct activation code and got the download. I opened the download in the SOWG folder and it downloaded successfully. Pipe Cree SR10 is located in my Modifications list, with the adjacent yellow box checked. However, Pipe Creek does not appear in my list of maps when I start to play a sandbox game.

It's been a long time since I've done this, and I'm probably missing a very simple step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Could use some help on activation and downloading

Post by Little Powell »

Which version of Gettsyburg are you on? If you're on an old version, it could be that Pipe Creek installed into the wrong game folder (C:\NorbSoftDev). Make sure your GB is updated to the latest, then try the installer again.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

You were exactly correct on what happened, however, I still seem to have bungled somewhere. In my old NorbSoftDev folder I found three new folders that were newly created: Base, Mods, and Doc. I removed the files from those folders and placed them in my other hard drive under Matrix Games.

So now, when I looked at my list of Modifications a new one was there: pipe creek. Also there was the older Pipe Creek SR10. I activated them, checked them off and started a sandbox game, went to my list of maps: still nothing there for Pipe Creek. I unchecked the Pipe Creek SR10 to see if anything changed. Nothing.

Should I be placing everything in my Mods Folder, or just in the large Gettysburg SOW folder? I can't pinpoint my problem.

Any suggestions, Little Powell?
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

No those are expansions, not mods. Yes, they have some files that go into the Mods folder (like the SR10 mod), but most files go into the main game directories.

To make sure they install correctly, when you start the installers, make sure they are pointing to the matrix games folder, and not the old NorbSoftDev. If all else fails, you may need to uninstall/remove all traces of the game, install the latest Matrix version, and then the expansions should install without a hitch.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Thank you. I will try that. Really appreciate the help.