Scourge of War Borodino

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Hugowull
Reactions:

Scourge of War Borodino

Post by Hugowull »

I think if this game gets an expansion it would be great to make it the battle of Borodino. Both sides had similar numbers of troops. It is such an interesting battle, because technically the French won but it is considered a Pyrrhic victory by some historians, so the battle could go either way.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Borodino

Post by IronBMike »

I'd like to see Austerlitz, but first I want a fully fleshed out operational campaign aspect! I think that is where the future to even greater heights lies.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
OriginalCustard
Reactions:

Post by OriginalCustard »

l would like to see The Peninsular War campaigns covered.
I don't know what they'll do to the enemy; but, by God, they frighten me. ~ Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Holdit
Reactions:

Post by Holdit »

I'm not too demanding about what I'd like to see given the SOWWL treatment, just everything between 1792 and 1815...
RFC
Reactions:

Post by RFC »

...but first I want a fully fleshed out operational campaign aspect! I think that is where the future to even greater heights lies.
+1
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Scourge of War Borodino, will be most interesting battle in Napoleonic SOW series, its very bloody, and we will see redoubts on battlefield.
Tmaxson
Reactions:

Post by Tmaxson »

Borodino was a hammer on anvil type of battle. Nothing but dead bodies all over the place.

Note - Bondarchuk's "War and Peace"...see Borodino segment...what a waste of humanity!!!
stephen
Reactions:

Post by stephen »

What if Napoleon had took Davouts advice and sent part of the Army on an out flanking move. Although I can understand Naploleons reasons for not doing so...Poor state of the Army, also the the great fear the Russians would retreat again, thus denying Napoleon his grand battle.

There are lots of what ifs and different scenerios for this battle. I remember years ago played Talonsofts "Napoleon in Russia" quite alot. maybe if the Devs ever consider this battle they could look at this game for yet more inspiration. Anybody fancy Lutzen, Bautzen, Dresden or the biggest of all Leipzig ?
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

I cannot support this more! Scourge of war Borodino would be insane. OR Scourge of war Austerlitz or even the Battle of Nations.

...So many possibilities!!! I just want the opportunity to kill some Austrians and Russians :-)
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Borodino, Austerlitz, Essling-Wagram, Jena, Eylau, Marengo, Leipzig, bring em all on. Theres a wealth of Napoleonic battles on tap.