KS Mod Images

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
gazfun202
Reactions:

Re: KS Mod Images

Post by gazfun202 »

Be nice to get these sprits of Austrians, Russians etc one day soon
Have fun above all else
gazfun202
Reactions:

Post by gazfun202 »

Be nice to be able to use these sprits one day soon
Have fun above all else
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

You will have to rsgister to get the down load links:

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451 ... tyle#14783
Last edited by Gran Capitán on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

In addition to 1809-1815 Austrians the KS mod contains:

1807 Russians
1812-1815 Russians
1812-1815 Prussians
1807 French
1806 French
1806 Prussians (actually mid-18th century uniforms from a Gettysburg mod - not accurate but its a start)
1809-1815 British
1810-1814 Portuguese
1808-1814 Spanish

Bavaria
Baden
Wurttemberg
Swiss (in French service)
Brunswick
Dutch-Belgians
Nassau (in French or Coalition service)
Orange-Nassau
Italians
Westphalia
Saxony

There are gaps in the uniform range, particularly with the minor nations but we have enough variations to build reasonable likenesses of most armies after 1805 excepting Swedes, Danes, Poles and some of the lesser German states.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

1806 battle - French charging Prussians. This was a very bloody affair but the Prussians were finally driven from the field.

Three views of a post-patch MP game yesterday between an 1815 allied army comprising mostly Dutch, Belgian, Nassau, Brunswick and Hanoverian infantry supported by British and KGL cavalry against the French. The Allies captured the objective town of Maransart in the SE corner of the Waterloo map just as the game's time limit expired.

A battle on the Gettysburg Manassas map using the KS Mod but NSDs stock French and Prussian sprites. A very tough and hard fought battle that finally saw the Prussians wrest control of the important road junction town of Nancy from the French. Most of the screenshots depict the bloody and chaotic struggle in the town itself which was complete mayhem and very realistic with whole battalions and brigades being chewed up in quite short periods of time.

Using HITS and couriers you can quickly lose control of a combat in a built-up area and you have to rely on some luck and the decisions of your lower-level commanders (that is, the A.I.). Even having more and better troops is no guarantee of success as the French here found out. During the fighting the Prussians sent a few squadrons of hussars into the town with devastating effect.

Screenshot 08 is four screens stitched together and is a view covering about 210 degrees of the horizon.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

Impressive stuff. 'Tank. Only the buildings look garish and out of period style. Incidentally how did you make your toolbar transparent in places?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

That Manassas map battle was a real bloodbath. It was going very well until a French division showed up in our rear.
Incidentally how did you make your toolbar transparent in places?
The alpha of the back panel is set to 0. Then all the sub-panels are set to inherit that value. I find the game feels claustrophobic with the wooden panel showing. We did a similar thing with the Nappy mod for SOWGB.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I think the brick buildings there don't look too bad. Only the colonial house with its wooden verandahs looks out of place. You can see Georgian houses a little like that in Europe but the balconies/verandahs would be stone with stone or iron railings.

On the plus side when you are in the thick of the fighting details of the nearby architecture are the last thing on your mind! So using the ACW maps isn't a problem really. If its an American colonial wooden house I just squint and imagine its a Mediterranean building with whitewash ;)

Of course ideally it would be fantastic to reskin the buildings but that is a biggish job for what is essentially a very small return.

BTW Volunteer, when are you going to join us for some games? The campaign has really hotted up in recent turns.
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

I have got to get my act together, 'Tank. Mitra's video tutorials have helped me to better grip command and control so I feel better prepared for multiplayer. :)

To muster I first need also to get the necessary time okayed from she who must be obeyed .... :whistle:
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

A ridiculously bloody French-Russian 1812 battle today. This is what things look like after the Saxon Cuirassiers clash with 2 regiments of Russian cuirassiers.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22426/Mess.jpg