KS mod

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Re: KS mod

Post by Gunfreak »

I can't give orders, I can't use move to map point(I thought this was fixed in the latest Waterloo patch?)
Also if I try and order a divisional commander by pressing right mouse on a part of the field it only disapear with out any ability to give orders.
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

You can use the command map to give movement orders, but not within the courier screen, that's the same in the stock game.

What disappears when you try to give orders to an officer?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I can't give orders, I can't use move to map point(I thought this was fixed in the latest Waterloo patch?)
That is an intrinsic feature of MyGui, (the gift that keeps on giving).
Also if I try and order a divisional commander by pressing right mouse on a part of the field it only disapear with out any ability to give orders.

Did you disable the context menu on the options screen?
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Hello my dear western friends!
I download last version of KS mod for last patch, I have some problem, when I play sandbox battle, my artillery units won't fire. Anybody knows how fix this problem?
Last edited by Jacquinot on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Yes I have same problem.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yes I have same problem.
Pretty sure this is a game thing and not a KS mod issue. Once LOS is established with the enemy, positioning of officers is delayed and the location right clicked is designated by a Destination Point - green arrow pointing down to selected location. Eventually they will work their way to that point unless a superior officer redirects them for strategic priorities. To get them to move immediately from point A to point B they must be TC'd.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I've been playing the KS Mod User Scenario 1, 1809, Austria attacks French. It is beautiful and plays very well. This is truly a great mod.

Quick question: Is there any way to use Reb's Grog Toolbar with the KS Mod? I tried to activate the toolbar but it does not appear, so, I assume the answer it no.

Thanks!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thank you very much for the kind words of support. The KS Mod was written (and is somewhat selfishly designed) to satisfy the online play requirements and style of our MP group so we don't include options we have no use for such as a "TC all sub-commanders" button. That other people are using and enjoying it is a bonus and we are delighted it works for you.

Be careful with your general in MP play now, he is susceptible to being shot by the enemy if he rides too close to them and too far from his own units ;)

Unfortunately no, the Grog toolbar is not compatible.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

It's truly a beautiful thing to behold when one fires up the KS Mod and sees the carefully crafted uniforms and tactical formation changes.

I realize of course that the mod is optimized for HITS MP, because that's why it was created.

You mention something about the leaders getting themselves killed. I notice that as an issue in the stock game, but, I think that the KS Mod has fixed this, if I'm noticing things correctly. The leaders in the KS Mod seem to avoid danger somewhat. Is this true?

Thanks again.