KS mod

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: KS mod

Post by Saddletank »

Yes to all questions.

A new version, v1.17 has been released as well as v1.11 of KS Supplemental Maps.

Changes:

1. The first non-NSD SOWWL map named Meckel, created by Mark Tewes is included. Mark made the Gettysburg maps for the original SOWGB game. It contains numerous villages with strong points. The attacker does not have an easy time on this map. Meckel has a west German theme and is based on one of the original 19th century German staff Kreigspiel maps and to see the map in digital form has been a long ambition of Martin James, one of our group's leading members.

2. A large number of scenarios have been added. These are ones that the KS group has played in their MP games. They are fully playable in SP also. You will find them when you press the User Scenario button in the game. They all begin with 'KS'. The country name indicates which side should be the human side in SP or co-op MP play. Most of these will also give good PvP battles.

The updated versions may be found here:

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451 ... tyle#14783

You will need to register for free membership of the KS forums in order to download files.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Yes, lots of good stuff in there.

The Meckel Map is a fantastic piece of work from Mark, and quite like any other SOW map I've seen. It has a kind of Ruritanian quality which is just perfect for an early to mid 19th C game set in central Europe. There are numerous hilltop villages, and a few larger towns, a wide river, a ruined castle on a hill, and a large lake.

Martin (J)
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Martin/Tank hope all well.

Sounds like there's some great work here. Past releases have been top quality.

Mark's new map sounds a winner.

Just a quick question. I've downloaded the latest versions pointed to by Tank in the KS thread but, on loading, can't see the Meckel map listed in sandbox. I checked the supp map's maps folder and can see the meckel.isl file bit not the other necessary files. Is there something I'm missing?

I also noticed that the KS Napoleon Mod drop box file is v111 rather than 117. I'm assuming it is the latest version but thought I'd best check. :)
Last edited by Crikey on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Thanks to whoever is responsible for the KS scenarios mod.

I've just had time to play one as the Austrians, but it is excellent.

Looking forward to the rest.

Well done.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Thank you for the kind words. Crikey - We apologise but an incorrect link was given for the original upload. This is now fixed so please delete the folder called "111" and re-download.

Yes, we are all delighted with Mark's work on the Meckel, map. As Martin says it has its own unique atmosphere to it quite unlike any other SoW map.

I can imagine battles being fought on it from the Seven Years War right through to WW2. I think a Franco-Prussian war battle on there would look good, it has quite the feel of Sedan about it.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Thanks Tank. That fixed it.

Meckel is quality. Congrats and thanks to all involved. B)
Last edited by Crikey on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Mark Tewes is the person to send donations to ;)
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

Trying to play KS but keep getting a message that the selected map cannot be found therefore closing the game altogether. The message I get is "Random map 6L 3.lsl Level not found" (same with other maps) the next box when responded to leads to the game crashing out altogether.

I have the three mods necessary installed and checked:

v 1.17
Maps 111
KS Sprites

no other mods checked.

I am, as they say in England, "stumped". :(
Last edited by Volunteer on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Ummmm,
Thanks, but I did NOT make the original Maps for Gettysburg.

I was Lead Scenario design.
Mark S. Tewes
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Which map are you selecting?

Some of the scenarios use Gettysburg maps and require you to have that game.