Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Biondo
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by Biondo »

Try the file in attachment.

Copy this in Scourge of War Waterloo\DLC\Ligny DLC\Scenarios\LG04 - The Eagle Triumphs (F-Army) folder

It's a problem with charcode in ANSI instead of UTF-8, not related to Grog toolbar

Regards
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

It worked Biondo, thank you!
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Post by FightingWarez »

Hello all. With the Expanded Toolbar VIII I am experiencing a CTD with the Les Cent Jours Mod installed when I specifically select the formation "Columns" (not the "Single Column" option). I've tried other formations (not all) and those seem to work. Also, I tested the "Columns" formation without Les Cent Jours installed and it seemed to work fine. With Les Cent Jours installed, a "Columns" selection causes CTD with both LCJ scenarios and non LCJ scenarios, i.e. "King of Westphalia." Below is an excerpt from what I think is the log file (I am not good with identifying these things). I can PM the entire log file if that would help:

12:30:00 Drafting Chain of Command
12:30:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander L'Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte
12:30:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Field Marshal Sir Arthur Wellesley Duke of Wellington
12:30:00 Loading Battle Events
12:30:00 SowWL Level Loaded...
12:30:00 22:54:36
12:30:11 MESSENGER ARRIVED,Général de Division Prince Jérôme Bonaparte
12:30:11 COURIER MESSAGE,loadcour:Courier:French_Message1
12:31:50 BAD FORMATION ID: -1
12:32:12 BAD FORMATION ID: -1

I also want to apologize in advance: I searched the thread and did not locate this issue, but I am sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I'll look at this first chance. Might be a while as this is a busy weekend with hosting Thanksgiving and being sidelined by lots of seasonal football extravaganzas. Not to mention the fact that I'm heavy into the GB engine designing SR1 scenarios and OOBs. Still, maintaining and updating the Grog Toolbar to keep up with new Waterloo mods is important and will be addressed.

FightingWarez, your excellent report is most helpful, you covered all the bases in identifying the bug to help me track it down, eventually...Much Appreciated!

BTW, as there are several Column options, which specific Column formation caused the issue?
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

I don't know if this the case, but I added in the version 1.1 new formation for corps level and the artillery division level, in order to manage the sapeurs\pioner units attached. They're at the end of drills.csv
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hey guys. I just ran a quick test to see if I could replicate the CTD's Fighting Warez was having, and I cant. I tried all formations at the brigade and division level with the French and Austrian sides(including the sub divided column formations)and couldn't get it to crash. I tried every single formations there is at the brigade and division level for both sides in LCJ. So whatever is going on, I don't think its the toolbar.

This could be just a case of FW not being super specific, but I notice he says hes using the Grog VIII, which would be a Grog Toolbar version we were using before LCJ came out, and formations crashing the game was exactly what was happening to us until Reb came out with 8.3 and 8.4

This would also explain why Fighting Warez came up empty searching in this thread, because most of this was discussed in the original LCJ release thread, not this thread(which we really should have, but that was kind of my bad)

So Fighting Warez what is the exact version of the Grog you are using?
Last edited by DarkRob on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Post by FightingWarez »

Thank you all for the prompt responses. DarkRob - how do I check the toolbar version? I just downloaded from the link on the first post of this "Expanded Toolbar - Grog" thread. I just downloaded it two days ago and extracted to my mods folder. Are there specific links somewhere else in the thread for v8.4?

A thought occurred to me that I might have missed an instruction on installing LCJ. All I did was unzip that download to the Mod Folder and selected to apply the mod. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you again.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thank you all for the prompt responses. DarkRob - how do I check the toolbar version? I just downloaded from the link on the first post of this "Expanded Toolbar - Grog" thread. I just downloaded it two days ago and extracted to my mods folder. Are there specific links somewhere else in the thread for v8.4?

A thought occurred to me that I might have missed an instruction on installing LCJ. All I did was unzip that download to the Mod Folder and selected to apply the mod. Is there something else I should be doing?

Thank you again.
You've got the latest version of the Grog Toolbar so that's not the issue. Also the procedure you followed to set up the mod is correct so there's a conflict somewhere. I'll get on it soon because regardless, the Grog Toolbar needs to be upgraded anyway to include the new sprites.

Davide,

I'm having trouble locating the new sprites in the unitmodel file. All I need are the infantry sprites, could you list their names here? Also, I can't figure out what changed in the unitglobal file, if anything, please inform. Thanks...
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Thank you again.
I agree with Reb. It sounds like you did everything right and you are using the latest Grog toolbar.

The only other thing I can think of to ask is if you have the Grog Toolbar prioritized below the Le Cent Jours mod in your list of mods? When I say prioritized I mean that the Grog Toolbar physically appears lower on the list of mods than Le Cent Jours does? I don't know exactly what this does, but I do remember Reb specifically saying it had to be that way a while back. Whether that still holds true now I don't know, but Ive kept doing it that way with each new version of the toolbar.

Failing that Im at a loss. If there is something actually wrong with the toolbar then I should have been able to replicate it as I literally selected every formation at the brigade and division level for both sides in two different LCJ scenarios and got no crashes.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Hi Randy

The new sprites are all in the top part of unitglobal, above wellington line
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/