Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by RebBugler »

Expanded Toolbar IX - Grog, Version 9.85 (Patch 1.03 Compliant), June 4, 2023
This toolbar is an upgrade and replaces all previous, similarly named, Grog Toolbars.

This toolbar includes NSD's full arsenal of commands in addition to all the functions and commands that are provided by the context menus. Context menus may be turned off with no loss of functions.

Version 9.85 - Major Update/Upgrade DETAILS

Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
Expanded Toolbar IX - Grog.zip
(8.27 MiB) Downloaded 209 times

Attention: All Waterloo and User Scenarios are merged into one 'Scenarios' location when this toolbar is enabled

Attention: Tous les scénarios Waterloo et User sont fusionnés dans un seul "scénario" lorsque cette barre d'outils est activée

Attenzione: Tutti gli scenari di Waterloo e utente sono fusi in una posizione' scenari ' quando questa barra degli strumenti è abilitata

Aufmerksamkeit: Wenn diese Symbolleiste aktiviert ist, werden alle Waterloo und Benutzerszenarien zu einem "Szenarios" - Speicherort zusammengeführt

Previous Updates

Thread explaining the various TC commands available on this toolbar:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 658#p68658
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Anderson
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by Anderson »

Hi,

The toolbar, all commands Mod never seems to show up even when I do as instructed.

Go to Mods, left click/select then back and launch battle in the normal way. Even if I Resign, and relaunch, nothing.

Windows 7, doing everything normally I think... Even using new beta patch.. .

Fantastic game.. For many years have said that Combat Mission, Command Ops and Scourge of War are the only games worth playing so not surprised how good it’s.. (BTW.. Flashpoint and now Desert War also right up there but they are new.. )

All the best,
Kip.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi,

The toolbar, all commands Mod never seems to show up even when I do as instructed.

Go to Mods, left click/select then back and launch battle in the normal way. Even if I Resign, and relaunch, nothing.

Windows 7, doing everything normally I think... Even using new beta patch.. .

Fantastic game.. For many years have said that Combat Mission, Command Ops and Scourge of War are the only games worth playing so not surprised how good it’s.. (BTW.. Flashpoint and now Desert War also right up there but they are new.. )

All the best,
Kip.
Let's walk through it because I've not experienced, or heard of the issue you've just reported.

First, start the game and go into Modifications. Check the box Expanded Toolbar - Grog, then select Use Selected Mods, this will exit you to the Main Menu. Then Resign. Start the game again and proceed straight to what you want to play (don't go into Modifications again). All buttons should appear and work unless you're playing a stock scenario, unfortunately all functions will not work with these, but they should appear.

Is this what you did?

FYI for everyone. Mods that use the new Layout files won't load until the game is started from the beginning. If you select such a mod in Modifications you must always Resign and restart. If you leave the mod selected then no issue, it will load every time you start up the game.

Edit: No need to restart game after enabling a mod anymore. This glitch was fixed with the first patch.
Anderson
Reactions:

Post by Anderson »

RebBugler, hi,

Goodness this is embarrassing..

I was not “checking the box..” just selecting the mod, the line of text with the folder, it would be highlighted a reddish colour then I would return to main screen.

All is well.. extreme apologies.. I certainly didn’t mean to cause you needles work..

Thanks..
All the best,
Kip.
zu Pferd
Reactions:

Post by zu Pferd »

Thank You Re Bugler for sorting that out for us newbies :)
sandman2575
Reactions:

Post by sandman2575 »

I suspect the answer is no, but figured i'd ask:

is there any way to make the Grog Toolbar scale for higher resolutions? I play at 1920x1080, which unfortunately crams the toolbar into about half the available space.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I suspect the answer is no, but figured i'd ask:

is there any way to make the Grog Toolbar scale for higher resolutions? I play at 1920x1080, which unfortunately crams the toolbar into about half the available space.
Wish I knew a way. Only fix I know of is to build another toolbar with bigger buttons. But that won't happen, which I explained in detail on another thread, drat, can't find it now, searched for a half hour to move it here so folks will understand my reluctance and rationale.

There may be hope for the high rez folks though, MTG is using this toolbar as a template to build a new toolbar for the HITS folks. I'm assuming it will provide for the high rez folks also, keep your fingers crossed for that release.

Ah, found it, from the Beta Patch Thread:
Yeah, bigger buttons seems to be the primary concern. This would be a tall order simply because this toolbar is so complicated. It has multiple layers and each layer would have to be redesigned. Then, there's two toolbars to keep updated and upgraded. With the higher resolutions folks think that there's wasted space to the right that could be used, that's wrong. If you get into the app you'll understand, the toolbar can just grow upwards, then, this would confound and irate folks and possibly morph into a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing.

For now I'm not planning on pursuing this, maybe down the road it could be considered. I'm part of the older generation you guys mention that bigger buttons will help, but I don't get it. I'm perfectly happy playing at the default 1024x768 resolution on my 47" HDTV. I've also suggested 2080x1024, this is as high as I would ever consider to go, but I don't even need that. I've tried the larger resolutions but I gain no advantage in immersion, I see that the view is more expansive and spread out, but the objects and sprites appear no better. I can achieve all the expansion I need with hovering around.

Enough of my narcissism, which is really what it boils down to. I think most modders begin to fix things for their own tastes, I certainly did. Then as they share their ideas and creations with others they find the fulfillment of giving and sharing. Still, I find it difficult to build stuff for others which I basically have no interest or need for...

...unless I get paid. :evil:
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandman2575
Reactions:

Post by sandman2575 »

Thanks for the detailed reply, RebBugler. The Grog UI is so superior to the vanilla that it's a shame Waterloo didn't ship with it as the default UI (with higher res scalability, of course :) ).
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Wish I knew a way.
Change your measurements from pixels to %. ;)
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Wish I knew a way.
Change your measurements from pixels to %. ;)
Hmmmmm...Another thing we'll need to discuss on Skype. FYI folks, we keep missing each other's calls. :P

I know how to do this, but I can't get through the multiple layers now to do it. Would have to start from scratch. Maybe you can clue me in, if we ever can have the same free time for GUI discussions, and other stuff. :S