SDK Pre Release

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
norb
Reactions:

SDK Pre Release

Post by norb »

OK, this is just to help out until we can get a full installer with our tools. Many have asked for the files, so here they are. As well as the MyGUI tools that we built and the translated documentation. In the end we did a mix of using the tools and editing the xml directly. The skin editor was the toughest, as it messed up the files a lot, but the other tools were helpful. This is really a great product, as it worked very well once we understood what was going on.

There's not a lot of support for this. Jim is working on the docs, so it's use at your own risk. You should grab the SDK folder in the zip file and put that in your game directory. I think then the tools will work. They need access to their folders of resources.

Scourge of War Waterloo/SDK

SDK Pre Release
Holdit
Reactions:

Re: SDK Pre Release

Post by Holdit »

Thanks. This is terrific information. I'd already suspected it from browsing the Gettysburg SDK files, but I'm still amazed at how much hidden depth there is in this game.

C++ code too, even. I wonder what the possibilities are with that...
Last edited by Holdit on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
benpark
Reactions:

Post by benpark »

Thanks for sharing this early. It's really fascinating stuff for us tinkerers.

I found the file where the map selections are made for the Sandbox Campaign, but already lost where it was. Time to start tearing up some bread to start a trail next time I wade into these files.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

This is really a great product, as it worked very well once we understood what was going on.
Yeah, that took nearly a full day. Not exactly the most documented piece of software I've used. :lol:
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Holdit
Reactions:

Post by Holdit »

When I browse drills.csv I see many more formations than are actually available to the player in the game, for example, columns at full, half and quarter distance. I even see Ordre Mixte for the French.

What does this mean...that only changes to the context menus are required to make them available? Will the AI use them?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

The AI using a set of formations specified in unitglobal, you can see them at the end. It's very flexible and more will be shown once the doc is out. The other formations can be modded into the gui if you want.