Let's Try Scourge of War: Waterloo

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
LordCucumber
Reactions:

Let's Try Scourge of War: Waterloo

Post by LordCucumber »

I've made a first attempt at recording a battle in Scourge of War: Waterloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jAvcUTdhc

The sound of my mike is a bit low. I could not find a way to lower ingame sound (halp, anyone?). In any case I will probably do a few more vids on this in the (near) future if only to record my voice properly in a next attempt.
Last edited by con20or on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcoat
Reactions:

Re: Let's Try Scourge of War: Waterloo

Post by redcoat »

had a watch of your vid and found it very entertaining. i suspect your defeat was more due to not understanding the mechanics of the game than your generals lack of tactical skill! i dont have the game yet but your recording has convinced me into purchasing it. if your doing more id love to see them, sorting the voice issue would be nice although the language was becoming rough and soldierly from what little i could hear!
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

In Windows 7, right click on the speaker icon on your toolbar and click on 'Open Volume Mixer'. This should allow you to set volume levels independently for each program.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
LordCucumber
Reactions:

Post by LordCucumber »

@Jim: that is a VERY good idea! Had not thought of that..!

@redcoat: Coarse language is part of my repertoire, unfortunately. I am very much an Adult/PG/R rated guy only ;-)
LordCucumber
Reactions:

Post by LordCucumber »

My next video will be up Tuesday at 23:00 Amsterdam time (17:00 EDT).

In this next recording I thought I did really well, but the results were a bit of a surprise. Any feedback (comments) will be very welcome. Sound issue resolved btw (thanks Jim!).
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Nice vid!
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

@Jim: that is a VERY good idea! Had not thought of that..!

@redcoat: Coarse language is part of my repertoire, unfortunately. I am very much an Adult/PG/R rated guy only ;-)
fear ye not sir,y'are not alone in that regard!
LordCucumber
Reactions:

Post by LordCucumber »

Part 2 is up (with better sound as promised!) for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-G8gSo-Mk
Last edited by LordCucumber on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

thanks for doing the Video. The sound is very good now!

some hints:
- to move artillery around it is a must to TC them first. Otherwise they prefer to bombard enemy units in range.
- If you like to have more control of your infantry you should TC their Brigade commander (or he may override your orders to the regiments), or even TC the infantry themselves. Otherwise they react to the battle on their own.
- The Prussian infantry units with 600men look very big to me and thus are more difficult to maneouver. Maybe you set the Sprite Ratio to 1:1? 1:6 is the default.
- You did fight ok, but in most Scenarios you need to secure objective sites (the church in this case) to score more points and win the scenario.
Last edited by Leffe7 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordCucumber
Reactions:

Post by LordCucumber »

One more for the road. I should have taken direct control but forgot about the button. So much going on...

Part 3, a field battle as the French:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJkGuvYFYw