PowerRender question

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
sweeteye
Reactions:

PowerRender question

Post by sweeteye »

Wondering if someone could tell me where I could download a copy of powerrender that will work with Waterloo.? All the sites I have tried to get a copy from pull up page errors.Also,is there a freeware version.
Last edited by sweeteye on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26th Ohio Light Artillery
Sons of Union Veterans
norb
Reactions:

Re: PowerRender question

Post by norb »

There is no longer any source that I know of. The author stopped working on it to write apps. He sent out a final email a few years back.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Thanks for the info Norb....not sure what I am supposed to do now...is there any other program that could be used to edit .lsl files? All I have is the powerrender 509 that I used for TC2M.
Last edited by sweeteye on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sons of Union Veterans
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks for the info Norb....not sure what I am supposed to do now...is there any other program that could be used to edit .lsl files? All I have is the powerrender 509 that I used for TC2M.
You will have to contact one of the NSD \ Team Members and request to join the Map-Making-team.

I would guess that Little Powell would be the person to contact.

EDIT Post - I missed the last part of your response:

The Power-Render 5.09 - Will not work as the files have changed with the introduction of SOWGB.

My Computer crashed with all of the tools \ info but if I remember the Map-Making-Tools are now at Version 6.8 or something similar.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding Content
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

I did contact Little Powell....have to wait a bit to hopefully get on the team.Surely there is some workaround to this issue....Hard to believe that the program would not be left available when it is being used by at least some people....Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens... :evil:
Sons of Union Veterans
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

The base version won't edit our files. We've made a few changes. But we will be releasing the tools soon.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Thanks norb......I am looking forward to the release of the tools.Also looking forward to getting on the map making team....Hope I will be accepted. B)
Sons of Union Veterans
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We had a map making team because we were not sure about releasing the powerrender tools. At this point though we are just going to release them, as I think it's old enough to not cause any concern. So there really won't be a map making team as anyone will be able to download the map tools.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

Thanks norb........looking forward to getting a copy of powerrender....having a copy is the only thing holding me back right now.I was interested in the map team for a means of having questions answered but I am sure the forum will do.I remember from working on maps for TC2M that the main thing I needed to learn how to do was to get accurate topography for historical battlefields.Really enjoying this new game a lot!Excellent work despite any issues you may be having with it.
Sons of Union Veterans