Multiplayer?

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Multiplayer?

Post by con20or »

Norb would need to answer the AO question. There is only one ini file for the game.

You can open your campaign files in a text editor and edit troop numbers, locations, occupied towns and stats there - I haven't tried it but that is where you could start.

Yes, if you had a LOTR or Roman Legion OOB you could use it.
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

One aim of the upcoming Scenario Editor is to make umpired multi-player PBEM "meta-campaigns" manageable. These types of campaigns are entirely user managed and do not use the in-game campaign. The editor will make it easy to apply startlocs and gamedb csv casualty results to OOBs, and to generate new scenarios with those result.

That said, you bring up an interesting idea of using the in-game campaign to generate MP battles. I can't promise anything, but I'll look into importing campaign OOBs and modifying them with gamedb results. It would still leave a burden on the umpire, but would be very cool.
Last edited by pakfront on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

That sounds great. Thanks.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

I'm sure someone (with skill, unlike me) could make a simple (relative term, I know) Java-based or equivalent incredibly simple, 1990s-era hex game for an operational campaign (no AI) that would function like the GCM Campaign Mod, only with an actual map to move units around. Throw in some logistics and voila. Would be nothing fancy but as long as it could import/export OOBs with the game, it would work, right? I'm thinking a game like Campaigns on the Danube, only simpler and with no AI.

Pic related:

Last edited by IronBMike on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

Yes, the bits and pieces are there to do it. Doing something like this is actually what got me started on what became the (not yet released) scenario editor. Still holds an interest for me, hope to tackle it one day soon.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

A 2d map like that with unit counters of some kind was what I was expecting. The 3d map with sprites we've now got would probably be a lot more work if a bigger theatre and longer campaign were covered.
stonewalljackson
Reactions:

Post by stonewalljackson »

as soon as mp is added, i will buy the game. Though i do hope when it is added it will be a civil war game.
"How do you like this are coming back into the union"
Confederate solider to Pennsylvanian citizen before Gettysburg

"No way sherman will go to hell, he would outflank the devil and get past havens guard"
southern solider about northern general sherman

"Angels went to receive his body from his grave but he was not there, they left very disappointed but upon return to haven, found he had outflanked them and was already there".
northern newspaper about the death of stonewall jackson
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

...oops, posted in error. Just ignore.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.