Scourge of War - Waterloo Diaries Part 3

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
Grog
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War - Waterloo Diaries Part 3

Post by Grog »

Thank you Mitra for taking the valuable time to answer our posts :)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

You guys have no idea what a big deal Mitra was for this project. Not taking away from everyone's contributions, but I can honestly say that you are not playing this game or at least not a GB clone with new uniforms with Mitra. We knew at the beginning that we needed guys that love Waterloo. One's that love it as much as our team loved the ACW. He was brought on for knowledge, not coding. But when I said I wanted to make a portion of the AI moddable and spent a month long business trip doing just that, he's the one that grabbed the code and started hacking. The first version was ready for him October 2013 I think. With the other experts, they basically worked on a separate project. The only input I had was finding some crazy bugs, updating the SDK to support his needs, and explaining the convoluted way it worked. He worked with the other experts and the QA team and really made the AI WL. That left the rest of the dev team to do what we do, the rest of the engine. I told him he'd get all the glory or all the blame :) There is a decent part of the AI that is still integrated in the engine and too hard to remove. But 90% of the decision making is in the AI DLL and we will release the code for other's to modify. You can build it with the free version of visual studio. It's C++ code. But it's a C format DLL, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to integrate it from another language. Squares, skirmishers, crazy cav, it's all in there. Everything that people love about this battle.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

+1

The Nap AI really is challenging.
Xaver
Reactions:

Post by Xaver »

Maybe here i allways prefer a human player but i allways need play VS AI in games with no PBEM support... is a problem have asimetric playtime.

Expect find time to play game VS humans, i read that is epic the multiplayer battles with a lot of guys per side.

I am curious about tactical AI after read all the good things about it, specially the use of skirmishers.

PD: SCW:W is coming ;)
"Vivire militare est" Séneca

(Life is fight)