Username / Password Errors

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Leifr
Reactions:

Username / Password Errors

Post by Leifr »

Evening all.
I have registered on the GCM website but it doesn't seem to let me log in again with the username/password combination that I set.
I also cannot log into the GCM launcher with my username/password.

Is there some error? Does this work any more?

Thanks.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Re: Username / Password Errors

Post by KG_Soldier »

Leifr.

I play GCM games a lot. I just logged off and back on with no problem. Create a new account and try again. It must be something with your password.
Leifr
Reactions:

Post by Leifr »

Hello little mac, thanks for your help earlier... for some reason, after registering a new account, my old one started working.

Would you mind if I ask a few questions? I have some friends who play SoW:Gettysburg and we'd like to participate properly in the GCM. Since the forum is down and the archive/cached pages do not store individual threads, I have no other option (as far as I'm aware?)

1) We all have a preference of playing Confederacy. Is there a way to ensure we always play as Confederacy as a group or will GCM split our group into as even teams as possible? We have selected our preferred faction choice on the website.

2) What is the correct procedure for creating a battle and having our group join? Is it possible to play against AI?

3) What is the correct procedure for post-battle reports? Will the launcher automatically submit data to the website and, if so, how quickly does this update?

4) How does the 'Battle Queue' and 'Schedule Battle' work on the website?

5) My friend has a preference for artillery. Is there a way to assign his first division as an artillery one?

6) Our regiments are charging each other at close range, even with TC enabled. What is the reason for this?

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Leifr on Tue May 19, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

1) In regular GCM games, around 4:15 CST everyday, there's no way of ensuring you're on the same team or that you'll be Confederate. But setting your preference does help.

2) Come to teamspeak, even if you don't have a microphone. The link is on the website. There's usually someone around to make sure you're all set-up right. You can set up a battle and play with your friends against the ai, and you can all be Confederate. Come to teamspeak when you get a chance and I'll walk you through how to set up a battle like that.

3) The host of the game records the battles, the replay is automatically updated. Garnier used to have a place for after action reports for each battle, but he doesn't anymore. there is a place to upload screenshots which could be used to tell your story.

4) The host puts up the battle queue. People join said queue. The host creates the battle using the queue.
All players go to the lobby and join the host's room. When the host goes to staging, you select your GCM troops. The game is played.

5) You can select how many regiments and guns you want to bring to a battle, so your friend could choose to bring only guns. However, when you first start GCM games, you only have a brigade of infantry. After you've played a few games, you start to get guns and more infantry. So it might take playing a week or two before he's able to bring two batteries.

6) There's no way to disable autocharge. The GCM has 200 yard range rifles, so just keep your distance and you won't get many autocharges.

You can use the random divisions to make a battle with as many troops for each player as you want. So one of you could have all the guns, or at least most of the guns.

Regards,
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Tue May 19, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leifr
Reactions:

Post by Leifr »

Much obliged little mac for your help and kindly assistance.

I'll pass the information along to my group and, hopefully, we'll be able to turn out from time to time (most of us are UK based).

(Oh, and finally, at what time does the turn move over to the next? I suppose it is sensible and safe to only be playing one game per turn, correct?) :silly:
Last edited by Leifr on Tue May 19, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.