Just saw the new screenshots on the front page - I like them

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
Destraex
Reactions:

Just saw the new screenshots on the front page - I like them

Post by Destraex »

But please do something about the terrain. I think the terrain and mud need to be a lot more "rich" with a different pallete of greens and browns. It should be brighter and a richer stronger green?

I could be wrong.

Apart from that are the columns going to be in the same numbers that one would expect.

What is the soldier ratio to real life?

My books BTW are at your disposal for any uniform or other detail you need.

I own a lot of these:
http://livres.histoireetcollections.com ... ennes.html

Essentially hundreds of pages of this:
Last edited by Destraex on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Just saw the new screenshots on the front page - I like them

Post by Little Powell »

Hi Destraex, thanks for the feedback.

About the map screens, those were taken for the AM portion of the battle. So this is when it was still overcast, damp, gloomy, which is why the mud and grass color is muted. The PM portions will be brighter since the sun had started to come out.
Destraex
Reactions:

Post by Destraex »

Thank you for the explanation. I am a firm believer in the resolution of the terrain being the same as the fidelity and resolution of the men.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I'd say the terrain was looking superior to the sprites. I'm a bit concerned at the purple-ness of the French uniforms. The blue used was an indigo blue, almost black, and it would appear black from just a few hundred yards away. In my view the French and Prussian sprites are too bright.

The gaps between the sprites are an issue as well. I'd like to know why the sprites have been placed further apart in this game compared to SoW:GB, it just doesn't look right. I'd rather see men closer together and too-short unit frontages than proper unit frontages and men looking like they are skirmishing.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.