Mexico 1836 Mod Redux

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Pom
Reactions:

Re: Mexico 1836 Mod Redux

Post by Pom »

I need to complete a couple of other bits,then I'll have a look.

I'm working on an officer shooting with a pistol animation at the moment,if that works,would a mixture of pistols and carbines sound right for your cavalry?

Pom.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

It would be perfect, Pom. Where they could, Confederate cavalry out west tried to arm themselves with more than one pistol for close in work. Very few cavalry in Forrest's or Wheeler's Corps, or in those W of the Mississippi were issued with sabres.

Many thanks.

Martin
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

A question to the makers of this mod. You have some dismounted cavalry sprites. Are these for use only when cavalry dismounts to fight on foot, or can they be used as full infantry (that is, a set of marching sprites are included)? I have looked hard but can't see any marching sprites.

Thanks
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Tank

If you load up the Bexar OOB, some separate provincial cavalry sprites act as infantry. These are set up to fight on foot as they did so at the time.

If you want to change things around then help yourself. The csvs are there to be amended if you want to experiment.

Last edited by Crikey on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Great, thanks. I am thinking these would make fairly good Peninsular War Spanish guerilla types.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

I am thinking these would make fairly good Peninsular War Spanish guerilla types.
Some of the Texans are quite a good fit. See first post. Those with the check shirts/top hat etc. Not mounted tho.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Updated download link as old one had expired.
9thBtnMOS
Reactions:

Post by 9thBtnMOS »

This Texas Rev mod is great. I'm looking forward to the Mexican-American war mod. I was wondering how I get the Spanish maps into the Texas Rev game. Thank you.
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Glad you're enjoying it. The separate maps are the same as all the other mods. Just place the extracted map mod's folder in your game's mod folder and activate in the mod selection screen. Then choose the relevant map in sandbox. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Crikey on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Hey Crikey I really love this mod ) with yours and Poms permission I would like to perhaps use the sprites, flags ect to make a Mexican-American war OOB pack.....I have a few OOBs almost ready to go....

Zeke B)
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant