Officers

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Officers

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

Will the senior officers be characterized? Like lets say I was Reneolds will he look like him or is it only R.E. Lee and Meade?
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re:Officers

Post by JC Edwards »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
Will the senior officers be characterized? Like lets say I was Reneolds will he look like him or is it only R.E. Lee and Meade?
Actually, they all look like Gummy Bears!:cheer:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

JC Edwards wrote:
Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
Actually, they all look like Gummy Bears!:cheer:
Hey Joshua l,

My biggest nightmare would be if all of the senior officers look like JC !!! :angry: :ohmy: :X

I would rather they look like Gummy Bears !!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

HAHAHA, good one Chamberlain!!!!
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

I don't think that answers my question:( but funny though.:)
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

While having officers that look like their real-life counterparts, in the bigger scheme of things they're just eye-candy, and and I don't think having them would add or subtract from the game play.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Well that's ok as long as I've got it I will be happy. Oh also I for some reason have lost my sense of humor maybe it was after I messed up my leg. You probebly don't care but I'm going to tell my story. I was going backpacking with some friends at mount Michel. We started hiking towards a nice place called Maple Camp bald when it started raining. Suddently a part of the trail gave way. I fell about ten feet and my leg struck a tree it heart like crazy. I rolled down I would say another 50 feet when I reached a flat area and passed out or fainted I don't really know. When I woke up I was in the hospital they told me when I hit the tree that I had shattered the bone in the center of my ankle and had also torn a musle and got 8 lasserations. Now I only have scars one of wich I grew my beard out to cover up. I now have to limp around and for very long distances I have to use a cane or else it starts to heart and I get tired. But if I hadn't of done I would not of found TC2M. So that's probebly why I don't have a great sense of humor is because I fear that I may get heart again. Sorry to bore you about something you will probrebly never ever see.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Yeah, sometimes it seems like life is just a series of crises with short breaks in between.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Yeah I know I have two wait for about five more years before I can finally do what I always wanted to do be a Civil War reenactor.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Well, we're on opposite ends of the reenacting adventure. I've reenacted for almost 30 years and am now having to give it up because of my age and the usual ailments and aches and pains you get once you get older. However, the hobby allowed me to make some of the best friends I ever had and to be part of some of the milestone reenactments such as the 125th Manassas in 1986 the 125th Gettysburg in 1988 amd the 135th Antietam in 1997 among dozens of others and countless living history encampments at such places as Gettysburg and Antietam along with lots of state and local sites.
Last edited by Amish John on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.