Hey everybody!

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Stellar Duck
Reactions:

Hey everybody!

Post by Stellar Duck »

Just wanted to write a post to do two things. Firstly I want to say hello to this community and thank you for the guides, tips and mods I've been using the last month or so. It's been a great help and I've enjoyed reading it all.

Secondly I want to thank the dev team for making Scourge of War. It's such a good game. I've had my eye on it forever. Since I picked up Second Manassas on a whim on Steam ages ago actually. But the price always put me off a bit. A month or so ago I re-listened to the the Three Moves Ahead episode where Norb and... one more, is on and decided that I needed to get in on this. I was (and still am) listening to a podcst about the Civil War and that has gotten me very interested in the period. I'm a historian but my main focus was always classical Greek literature so this is all new to me! So I threw caution to the wind and got the 150th edition. I don't regret that one bit. Even if the game went on sale the next week! Damn it! :P

Anyways, I've been plodding and bumbling my way through the Gettysburg scenarios and been having a blast. Just finished Sickle Stays Home today and that was a grand fight. Gave the rebs a good thrashing, I did. Such a good game, I'm compelled to repeat. I've gotten major victories in all but two of the first ten scenarios, so morale is high and supplies are in plenty.

I'm looking forward to the next battle already.
Last edited by Stellar Duck on Thu May 22, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for a typo. Blast it.
Snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory since 1982