Napoleonic & Mexican War...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Napoleonic & Mexican War...

Post by JohnVW »

ok, I had to get a new PC and lost many of the SOW Mods i'd collected over the last year +...and ended up buying the SOW Anniv edition and kind of starting over...but, I would like to get two of these back, so if anyone can:

(a) list for me the exact files/mods I need (and where to get them) for the Napoleonic Mods and also the Mexican War Mod it would REALLY be appreciated

(b) where exactly do I put these (if it's other than the "Mod" folder)?

(c) and, if/when I get these and install them is there anything else I need to "turn on" in order to use them?

Re: the Mexican War mod...I was told the " Kriegspiel" download was needed to play the Mexican War. I found 1 download link here, but you need to download through "media _ _ _"(??), and the files that come with it are malware and infected my PC (took about 30-40 min to remove everything)...so where can I simply find the file I need (minus the crap)? (smile)

thanks! john
Don
Reactions:

Re: Napoleonic & Mexican War...

Post by Don »

Look under the index>Napoleonic mode (at top of page. This will give you most, if not all, of what you need for running the 1836 Mexican War. All fit under your mods tab. Obviously, the Napoleonic mods are also scattered under the "Napoleonic Mods" heading. If you need , for any reason, to download from MediaFire, be sure to read the referent for each green download button. The site is a master at bait & switch.It's better to cancel a download if you don't know what it refers to, & re-do it several times, than to screw up your computer. I have never had a problem, even though I don't like using MediaFire for that very reason. My security software generally gives me a warning if I'm near danger.
Don
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

thanks don...I know from prior exp though that there's a lot more mods listed under "Napoleonic" than what's really needed, so I was hoping for a short/concise list...and, I did check all those boxes and did not download all the 'add-ons' mediafire wanted me to take; the malware was in the actual .7zip file...
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

To be clear....are you suggesting there is malware in my Mexico mod?

There shouldn't be nor have I found any in the nap mods I've used to date.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

no...no...the malware is in the download file that comes from "mediafire"...I was careful when I downloaded from them, and actually had to select "not to opt in" for all the extra crap they wanted to send along...but still, when extracting your file from their downloaded file, there was malware for sure...

is there any other place/way I can get your file? i'd love to use it, and obv know there's nothing wrong with your file...but I won't use mediafire again...any suggestions?
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

JohnVW - sorry to hear you're having problems but it seems odd. I just used the latest link (which is the updated v2.00)in this thread

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... 36-testing

Downloaded fine from MF with no offer of unwanted extras. Scanned with my virus checker (webroot). No threats detected.

Has anyone else had problems?

I don't have access to any other free sharing sites, unless someone can recommend an alternative.
Last edited by Crikey on Fri May 09, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

other than this extracted file, what else do I need to have to run your Mexican War mod?
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

JohnVW -- you need the Road to Wagram mod and the Kriegspiel add-on. It's all covered in the Readme in the thread I linked to.

I believe both of these mods are stickied in the Nap part of the mod forum.

Hope that helps.

B)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

JohnVW - sorry to hear you're having problems but it seems odd. I just used the latest link (which is the updated v2.00)in this thread

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... 36-testing

Downloaded fine from MF with no offer of unwanted extras. Scanned with my virus checker (webroot). No threats detected.

Has anyone else had problems?

I don't have access to any other free sharing sites, unless someone can recommend an alternative.
Not sure why you're not hooked up with the NSD server which allows uploads that are available for forum downloads, since you are permitted to build maps with NSD restricted apps. I suggest you PM Norb for access.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
JohnVW
Reactions:

Post by JohnVW »

I have the Road to Wagram, but can't find anything called "Kriegspiel add-on"?