War of Rights

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: War of Rights

Post by Saddletank »

With this level of "pretty" graphics detail. That's really very "appealing" to me.
Go right ahead and buy a game on the basis of a few still screenshots and without waiting for any gameplay videos or reviews. Everyone else does so the majority has to be right, no?

BTW, I am not attacking this particular game in any way, just the gaming consumer generally. Its obvious that most gamers rate visuals over gameplay regardless of the genre and that's both a shame and the reason why we're being fed worse and worse games.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I didn't say I was going to buy it based on a few screenshots.

I said I might buy just for the graphics, in spite of my dislike for FPS.

They will be issuing examples of gameplay as they move forward with the development of the game.

Its called marketing.

If you were to stretch yourself a bit, and read their forum, you too could see that they are not only talented graphically, but also very serious about the ACW.

As an example of what they are working towards on their gameplay, this is a cut from a larger post from one of the game development team:

The Maryland Campaign - Background

You might have seen a few posts by me, but I have yet to fully introduce myself. I am GeorgeCrecy, the resident researcher and historian for the WoR team. Over the next four or five threads, I will be detailing the various battles of the Maryland Campaign, of which the Battle of Antietam/Sharpsburg is included, mainly so that you can see some of the things we take into consideration while creating this game. It is also to show the amount of time and effort we put in to see just how much we attempt to stick to what actually happened.

http://warofrights.com/forum/showthread ... Background
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

"and the reason why we're being fed worse and worse games"

We are?

I've been playing World of Tanks and War Thunder (planes) for the last while, and have quite enjoyed them.

I like to learn as well as having fun, and both of theses games have been great learning experiences.

Masses of information about tanks and planes, including how they performed in battle. Much more engaging than reading a book about tanks or planes (which I also do anyway. I read a great deal of history).

And very good graphics and gameplay.

Maybe you need to get out more, and try out some new games. Both of these games are free to start with, just to get you hooked.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

First flyby video on the Antietam map.

I am weakening.

http://warofrights.com/2013/02/field-re ... y-trailer/

Oh, this is an older video.

This is an example of the current graphic development.

http://warofrights.com/forum/showthread ... by-trailer
Last edited by rudy on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

But I will not buy this game if my character has to look like these guys.

http://warofrights.com/2013/11/field-re ... haracters/

They look a lot like my ex-brother-in-law.

Too much like.
Hinkel
Reactions:

Post by Hinkel »

I am pretty sure, you shouldn't spam this thread, Rudy. You can edit your posting..

And no, those guys are outdated. Look at the new Zouave.. thats how the soldiers will look like.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

This is a sub-forum titled "Other Games"

"spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages (spam), especially advertising, indiscriminately"

Are you saying I shouldn't post links to your game site?

Or are you saying I should like my ex-brother-in-law?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, regarding the spamming accusation, no issues or conflicts that I see. This sounds like a really cool game, I'm interested in seeing how a quality FPS genre will work...the graphics as seen in the video are simply amazing. There was an FPS Civil War game released a couple of years ago, even included a Gatling Gun, still, bad graphics and a cheap FPS rendition made for a real yawner, least for me.

Good luck with this game, it is already showing a lot of appeal, just with the graphics alone.
Question for Hinkel - Is this going to be a First Person Shooter, or more like a First Regiment Shooter?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
tim
Reactions:

Post by tim »

Those graphics look amazing. Its great to see things like this because it does push you to try to improve even more. Great to see the historical accuracy too.
We constantly look to improve the graphics and it a big learning curve for us. Our business model means we can't just chuck resources at graphics. We are a small part time team with assigned roles so there's no trade off between programming resources and art.
In terms of games I have played all sorts myself over the years. My special area of interest is WW1 and WW2 really but fascinated by all areas of history. One of my favourite other games is Combat Mission - a game similar to us in that graphics aren't cutting edge due to a number of reasons - memory limitations being a big one. I have played Call of Duty, World of Tanks etc. and as Rudy describes above that feeling of almost being there is amazing but I spend more time playing CM and SOW than anything else - just my preference.
FPS games will push the envelope graphically we will follow where we can but they are different games and its a bit like comparing rugby and American football. Same shape ball, pitch, posts but different game styles, tactics, laws and points scoring. Plus one is a proper game played by tough blokes and the other is American football :woohoo:
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Those graphics look amazing. Its great to see things like this because it does push you to try to improve even more.
I agree those graphics do look quite good.

I like the way that they did the road-system, and the way that the water breaks against the bridge.

The shadows on the trees also look good; I wonder if the trees are a solid object, which is something that I wish that this game had to break the units up in the woods.

Great Work to all that is involved in that project.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!