Reinstall on new PC

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Ham920
Reactions:

Reinstall on new PC

Post by Ham920 »

I originally purchased Gettysburg and downloaded it to my PC with an XP system on it. For the holidays my wife purchased all the other Scourge of War additional battles; Pipes Creek, Brandy Station, Antietam, Chancellorsville. These additional battles were downloaded rather than purchasing each CD. The original Gettysburg game was also a download rather than on a CD. I also recently got a new PC with a Windows 7 system on it. My question is what is the best way to move these games from the PC with the XP system to the PC with the Windows 7 system? Should I just copy the files from one PC to the other or should I download the original Gettysburg game using my license code and then copy the other game applications to the new PC and run them from there?
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Reinstall on new PC

Post by Jim »

If all of your codes are registered at Matrix, just download the current installers to your new system and install.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Ham920
Reactions:

Post by Ham920 »

Thanks for the reply, but that's easier said than done. All products are registered with Matrix, but where (what's the URL) do I go to download the initial game? For example, I see on Matrix where I go to download scenarios etc, but where do I go to download each of the games? I went to the purchase screen, but they want me to purchase the game all over again! Where can I download the GAME itself?
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Go to matrix games, log on, and then go to My Games.

Click the registered link on the right of the game you want to download.
Last edited by KG_Soldier on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jubal Early
Reactions:

Post by Jubal Early »

Go to matrix games, log on, and then go to My Games.

Click the registered link on the right of the game you want to download.
I have a brand new PC and you cant reinstall Chancellorsville They ony have Gettysburg and Antietam stored. I have a code for Chacellorsville but it is of no use becasue unlike the other battles there is no Download for it.
Bit unfair if you need a new PC having to pay for a game you own again :(
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I am pretty sure the Chancellorsville add-on is there. I have downloaded and reinstalled it from Matrix in the past. I know Matrix had NSD make a stand-alone version of C'ville ... it's possible you either need to d/l that one or make an e-mail enquiry to them, but I feel sure they'll come up with the goods.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

There is a section for "press releases". After signing in, try to go there. I had the same problem, but Chancellorsville is there along with anything else you've bought. You might want to add the press release area to your favorites for future reference. If you can't reach the area, open a case number explaining the problem B) B) B)
Don
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

I'm about to go through this process as well. One question I had - does this mean I'll lose all my saved games? Also, just so I make sure I don't miss anything, is there a thread that has a step by step process to registering on a new computer?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

You can copy all of your saved game files to a USB chip and then on to your new system. The default location for the saved games is: C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work\Saved Games. If you want to keep your high scores as well those are in: C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Work and the file names are: CustHighScore.dat and MultiHighScore.dat. You might also want to copy over your SOWGB.ini file as well.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

Thank you very much! I presume that I would do the same with Mods?

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is the SOWGB.ini file?