Pirates Anyone?

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Pirates Anyone?

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I have loved playing Pirate games when I started playing Pirates on my Tandy 1000SL. I have them all, enjoyed them all, then they all simply went away like "Tears in the Rain". (OKAY, OKAY, I know I ripped off one of the better lines from one of my favorite movies of all time).

Anyway, here is a game which really is cool, funny as heck, and a pleasure to play, it's called Pixel Piracy. It's just downright hilarious.

link: http://www.piracysim.com/
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Pirates Anyone?

Post by con20or »

Looks interesting MIke - they dont have their demo up on Steam though which is a pity.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Looks interesting MIke - they dont have their demo up on Steam though which is a pity.
They have it on their website. Here is the link to download their demo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/986 ... ip.torrent

They are using the torrents to distribute their demo.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

yeh i saw that but i have never used torrents. i tried it once and it and the file was a virus. if they are selling on steam they should put the demo on steam!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

yeh i saw that but i have never used torrents. i tried it once and it and the file was a virus. if they are selling on steam they should put the demo on steam!
I understand. Personally I have no idea why they would us the torrents for people to download their demo, but then again what do I know. It is odd that they don't have it up via steam.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

I bought this but i don't find it hilarious so far? Is it the text that pops up when the pirates are chatting? It dissappears so quickly and is so small :(
Calvin809
Reactions:

Post by Calvin809 »

Paulsoaresjr has a first look gameplay video of the game also

Last edited by Calvin809 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

What do you think of it Calvin?
Calvin809
Reactions:

Post by Calvin809 »

I think its got a good start to be a fun game but it doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do right now (I haven't played it much yet though). I haven't really found or studied their development plan yet but there seems to be quite a complex foundation that hopefully they will build on. Like every prerelease game its a gamble but I like pirates and pirate history so I bought it. :)
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I got it - not mad on it so far.