Pea Ridge 1862

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Re: Pea Ridge 1862, Texas John's Trans-Mississippi Finale

Post by garyknowz »

Graphics problem.

Here's a couple screenshots.

Edit: The add file button isn't taking my jpgs, but the terrain features are floating, and pixilated.
Last edited by garyknowz on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Graphics problem.

Edit: The add file button isn't taking my jpgs, but the terrain features are floating, and pixilated.
Disable Prairie Grove, it clashes with Pea Ridge, I'll redo Prairie Grove eventually to eliminate this conflict.

'Add File' does not work with Firefox, try Google Chrome or IE for attachments through this forum.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Hi Reb.

As we say up here in Canada, "Beauty".

Great job.

Thanks to you and John for this.

It downloaded fine and works well after I disabled Prairie Grove.

These mods you folks have developed (Red River Campaign, Prairie Grove) are as good or

better than the official releases.

Much appreciated.

Regards, CJ
mb213
Reactions:

Post by mb213 »

Very nice maps. The graphics are perfect for this time of year, they helped make my 80 degree Christmas seem a little colder.
"Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann"
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

same here
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Graphics problem.

Disable Prairie Grove, it clashes with Pea Ridge, I'll redo Prairie Grove eventually to eliminate this conflict.

'Add File' does not work with Firefox, try Google Chrome or IE for attachments through this forum.

My bad. I thought I had disabled it, but unchecked the mod under it. Thank you, sir!
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Very nice release RB, superb work in getting everything together and creating this mod for everyone. A nice Christmas present, and a very nice testament to John's skills.

David(jolly)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Eureka!!!

Through MTG we've found a newer version of John's Pea Ridge with many improvements over this present version, the mini map is totally different and really cool. I'm in the process of getting it ready, probably will offer it as a separate download, it's much bigger with many more terrain sprites, took me two hours last night to pack them, and, this should fix the Prairie Grove conflict once I adjust it also. We'll see how far I get before being called to duty by SOW's new project.

Pea Ridge Upgrade

If you wish to test this out before I commit it to the first post follow the procedures below. I'm sure you'll let us know if it works for you.

Unzip and find three items:

- a folder for installing the maps, title should explain procedure
- Packed, replaces Packed in the Graphics folder
- gfxpack.csv, replaces same named in Logistics folder

Replacing Packed and the gfxpack in the Prairie Grove mod should also remove the situation of Prairie Grove conflicting with Pea Ridge as discussed.

RENAME all same-named files before replacing...just in case I goofed somewhere with these instructions or whatever.

I'll await feedback before continuing this upgrade, thanks in advance for testing.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Reb,

I gave your update a try just now.

Everything seems to work fine at first glance. The new map with the contours is a great improvement. I had been trying to compare the original map with the old TC2M Pea Ridge Map and was wondering where the steep escarpment had gone.

HOWEVER, with Prairie Grove enabled,I am still getting floating trees and 20 ft high sunflowers and bullrushes. I don't regard this a major fault however just a small glitch. Takes only seconds to enable or disable.

I will have a fuller check during today that I have loaded everything correctly and also hear what others have to say. Thanks for your efforts.

Best regards,

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Reb,

I gave your update a try just now.

Everything seems to work fine at first glance. The new map with the contours is a great improvement. I had been trying to compare the original map with the old TC2M Pea Ridge Map and was wondering where the steep escarpment had gone.

HOWEVER, with Prairie Grove enabled,I am still getting floating trees and 20 ft high sunflowers and bullrushes. I don't regard this a major fault however just a small glitch. Takes only seconds to enable or disable.

I will have a fuller check during today that I have loaded everything correctly and also hear what others have to say. Thanks for your efforts.

Best regards,

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
Escarpment
: a steep slope in front of a fortification
: a long cliff or steep slope separating two comparatively level or more gently sloping surfaces and resulting from erosion or faulting

Learned a new word. :)

I don't even recall a TC2M Pea Ridge map, maybe it was released after I jumped ship to here.

So, Prairie Grove still has the Triffids. Did you install the new files in it also?

One prominent feature on the newer map is Little Mountain, it is non-existent on the older map. Also, it has Little Sugar Creek, but obviously this was still a work in progress.