Woman of Worth

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Woman of Worth

Post by RDBoles »

Well my fellow Civil War gamers, My wife has been nominated for woman of worth She is one of the top ten finalists and has won $10,000 If she wins the top spot she gets $25,000 more. This money goes to her non profit organization Streight from the Heart inc. To help out foster kids and foster parents. In our area there are over 4,000 kids in foster care and they need help in everything. From clothes, backpacks, school supplies, mostly a family that loves them. My wife Patty Boles, has been a foster parent to over a hundred kids in the last 33 years. She has adopted ten kids. Of course I support her in all her endeavors, and squeeze in a few SOW Games in my down time. So I'm asking all of you to vote on the Woman of Worth web site. Vote for Patty Boles. See you soon on MP forum.
BZ26V
RDBoles
Last edited by RDBoles on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Move Forward
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Woman of Worth

Post by con20or »

Absolutely no problem, she sounds amazing. You should probably provide a link!

Here it is

http://www.womenofworth.com/honorees/ho ... es&yr=2013

We can vote once every day:)
Last edited by con20or on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

done
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Hey thanks for the link. Kinda cool. Patty gets to go to New York the first few days in December to meet all the celebrities and have the awards banquet. Wish I could go but I'll be minding the store, ere watching the kids, in between battles. Thanks again for your support and link.
Move Forward
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Vote cast...hope it works out. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

No problem - I made it my home page and I'll do it every day up to the deadline.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Count on my support. A wonderful lady. You are a very lucky man.

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey RD,

Done, your wife has my vote !!!

;)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Thank you gentlemen, Last night after the movie "12 years a slave", we had over 700 votes. This morning we woke up to over 1500 and still growing . Thank you again for your support. You can vote every day until the twentieth of this month. One vote each day. As a side line, don't see the movie unless you are prepared to get very discussed and very angry. I am more proud of Joseph Boles who volunteered in the 123rd Illinois Regiment. His son and son in law and brother and one of his son's all went in at the same time. Their first battle was Perryville. They also were part of Wilder's mounted infantry brigade with Spencer 7 shot repeaters. They all mustered out in June 1865. Joseph Boles my hero, was my great great grand father.
BZ26V
RDBoles
Move Forward
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Hey, how long do your days last in America ?

I put a vote in three days ago.

I have twice tried to add to this being very careful to leave 24 hours between attempts (time difference is confusing). Twice my vote has been thrown out "you have already voted today".

What am I doing wrong ?

Geoff Laver

Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57rh Regiment of Foot.
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"