The Red River Campaign 1864 – a John Bonin Production

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: The Red River Campaign 1864 – a John Bonin Production

Post by Davinci »

The reported problem might of course lie in my graphics card but it re-ocurred exactly on the several times that I invoked the map. It looks from above like a grey rectangle that overlies a section of the map at about half-body-height. You have to be a bit elevated to see the shape of it. From ground level, edge-on, it looks more like a dark line across the screen.
Yeah, the ScreenShots have to be loaded from Internet Explorer and not through FireFox .

Hey, Ingles when the men are standing in the reported problem spot - what is the name that is displayed in the toolbar window.......(such as .....Open \ Swamp \ Woods ...?)

Hey, here is another idea.....Place several units in that spot and then Press the L key on the keyboard. This will download a file in the work folder starting with the name of startlocs_

Exit out of the game and go to the SOWGB \ Work - folder - Open the file and find the units that you placed at that spot and list the coordinates from the startlocs_ file. The coordinates will be located in the E \ F columns.

This sort of sounds confusing but it really is quite simple.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

not seeing the maps or OOB's when I go into game. I unzipped the file and placed the folder inside the mod folder like you said. I start up the game and just can't see this new mod added anywhere. any suggestions. thanks.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

not seeing the maps or OOB's when I go into game. I unzipped the file and placed the folder inside the mod folder like you said. I start up the game and just can't see this new mod added anywhere. any suggestions. thanks.
Did you activate the Mod under the Modifications Menu in the game?

Or, are you saying that it is not listed in the Modifications Section?

davinci
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

If this is your first mod to try, did you activate (click to show yellow box) and select the check box at the bottom of the Modifications window?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

A Big Thank You to the team for their work and dedication in getting this project finished. Especially so knowing that some or all are busily involved in the next NSD project.

Also, a well presented and fitting tribute to John Bonin's work.

These are really nice maps and some of the best work yet IMHO.

Well done chaps :)
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

Reb, Davinci

Sorry. I thought I had posted three days ago on this but I have just noticed that the post seems not to have stuck.

This problem with the 1km square grey "blanket" seems to have gone. I can't invoke it any more.

I guess there must have been a problem when the graphics data loaded to RAM and something got corrupt.

Really bad luck that this coincided exactly with the first time I used the map, causing me to draw the obvious but wrong conclusion.

Sorry to have sent you two worthy gentlemen on a wild goose chase.

Geoff Laver

Late of her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Reb, Davinci
This problem with the 1km square grey "blanket" seems to have gone. I can't invoke it any more.

I guess there must have been a problem when the graphics data loaded to RAM and something got corrupt.
Ingles Hey, no problem, and Thanks for the update.

There is a ton of information about these maps that no-one knows about, so if it was something new pertaining to the PowerRender Program, I wanted to know how that was possible.

davinci
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

not listed in modifications section. I look in the mods folder in my harddrive and see the mod listed as well as the other mods I have.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

not listed in modifications section. I look in the mods folder in my harddrive and see the mod listed as well as the other mods I have.
Any unzipped folder that's in the Mods folder will show up in Modifications, so, I'm assuming the RRC1864 folder is still zipped. Note, this is a 7zip compressed folder.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added 7-zip Link
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Thanks to John and Reb for this exceptional mod.

Great game play, graphics, and sound (bullfrogs near the swamps?).

It also prompted me to read-up on this obscure (at least to me) campaign for the first time.

I found the inclusion of "coloured" troops interesting, as well as the few New England units. Those boys from Vermont and New Hampshire were sure a long way from home.

During the campaign Confederate troops routinely murdered any coloured troops they captured, including wounded soldiers.

Apparently the coloured regiments responded in kind.

This must have made a horrible war even more terrifying.

The inclusion of the battle maps in the mod folder was also very helpful.