soldiers farewell

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
redcoat
Reactions:

soldiers farewell

Post by redcoat »

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article ... d=10829992 i dont often post things like this,but i know theres a few ex servicemen around here. i thought they might like to see how soldiers fron new zealand say farewell to fallen comrades home from afghanistan. i think the word 'awesome' is overused these days,but not this time. cheers
Last edited by redcoat on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Re: soldiers farewell

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

How different from the UK where 'they' switched the airfield at which the returning coffins arrived to avoid the "embarrassing" (to the Government) scenes at Brize Norton where virtually the whole town and the veteran associations turned out on every occasion to honour the corteges passing through the town.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
redcoat
Reactions:

Re: soldiers farewell

Post by redcoat »

turned out myself at brize norton,when seeing mates of mine home.