Rome 2 : Total War

We're gamers, so here is a good place to discuss other games you are playing or are curious about.
con20or
Reactions:

Rome 2 : Total War

Post by con20or »

Anyone tried it? How does it compare to the original? Rome 1 was a big favourite of mine.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Re: Rome 2 : Total War

Post by Shirkon »

Anyone tried it? How does it compare to the original? Rome 1 was a big favourite of mine.
I picked it up and again CA has released an unfinished game. They have already announced that they will be releasing weekly patches for it and released the first patch on Friday and then a Hotfix yesterday to fix the patch. I'd wait if I were you until they get the major bugs fixed which may be a while. CA has said that SEGA made them release it a month before it was ready, but it looks more like 2 or 3 months.

Shirkon
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Thanks Shirkon. Did you ever play Rome 1? Is it a step up in terms of gameplay?
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

Never got the chance to play Rome 1. From what I read on the forums though, Rome 2 will be a step up once they squish all the bugs. One problem I do see is that other factions always ask for at least 10 % of any cash you have and if you want to offer something less it isn't possible since it only lets you add cash to an offer in increments of 10% of your cash total. It should, let you enter an amount instead of a fixed percentage increase.

Shirkon
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.