Chancellorsville carryover problem

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Chancellorsville carryover problem

Post by garyknowz »

Hello, gents!

I’ve been playing the excellent carryover series featuring Jackson’s assault. However, I’ve run into an issue on the third scenario, Cavalcade of Victory. It appears that the casualties to Howard’s Corps from the first scenario aren’t represented. I know this because I overran and captured all of Howard’s artillery (at great cost), but they magically reappear later with the same officers and all even though they were killed as the battle details show. Captured regiments are also back.

I could be wrong, but I imagine it’s because the separation between the two scenarios. Is it possible to add Howard to the second scenario and put them out on the extreme left per history? And would that solve the issue? Thanks
Last edited by garyknowz on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Chancellorsville carryover problem

Post by RebBugler »

OK...Damage Control. Fixed, however, you'll have to play CV02 again, :blush: and kick butt again :)

Unzip and find two files, battlescript and scenario, copy these to the CV02 carryover scenario, overwrite previous.

The attachment scenario_battlescript_CV02.zip is no longer available

Gary, thanks a lot. I missed this big time because I compiled previously built scenarios. Carryover scenario series are best designed from scratch so you just add to it, not combining stuff. Also, I found some ID names that will cause issues and not carryover, I'll have to dig through it and get a patch out soon.

A lesson to be learned. With these scenarios, and scenario builds in general, ID names were changed in the scenario.csv to reflect 'killed off and replaced by' historically. For carryover series the ID names must remain the same throughout with the referenced OOBs reflecting changes in command, as you can see with my present 150th Gettysburg scenario series build.

Guess I know why Sarge missed my goof here in testing, he didn't even mind having to annihilate Howard's corps all over again. :evil:

Edit: Just recalled, I don't need to patch this for the ID names, it's good as is, the regiment numbers are what's essential to carryover, not the officers ID name...as long as you have a replacement in the coc. Still, I'll put up an official patch with this fix, and any other issues that you guys find...hunt them down Gary, and thanks again.
Attachments
scenario_battlescript_CV02.zip
(19.44 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit: Just recalled
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Thank you, sir. I don't mind playing it again. I want to see if I could beat my score anyway. It'll be tough though. I throttled Slocum, Whipple, and French pretty sorely. ;)

It'll be good to see Howard in the second scenario. There is nothing more gratifying than to look over the carnage you left from the previous day's fight. :evil:

Edit: I opened the second scenario and ended it to see if all was well. I did see the 11th Corps, but it's only showing 30 men total. They should have 4000 or so men when the routed units are rallied. Is their presence in First Light just a placeholder for the 3rd scenario?
Last edited by garyknowz on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

You shouldn't have seen any of the 11th corps in the second scenario, they're hidden...Ahideunit. Maybe some are still attached to Sickles, I'll have to look.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

I've only seen them in the battle details, but with no troops. I haven't come across them during the active battle itself. Does that sound right?
Last edited by garyknowz on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hidden troops show up in the battle details. Click on them and you'll see "Hidden" labeled. So, we're good here, thought you'd seen them in play. Let me know of anything amiss, we'll get it patched...Thanks!