Whats Next?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Don
Reactions:

Re: Whats Next?

Post by Don »

Zeke did a great job on the OOBs for Jackson. All we lack there are the maps. I agree with rbuck that this would be a great extension, simply because of the mystique of Jackson's Valley Campaign. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

Little Powell wrote:
This is a fun topic to read--really enjoy the responses. As I have said before, we can't make any announcements yet on what's next. But I can't wait to read the responses when we do. :P
Yes indeed!

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I look forward to what is in store.Personally I hope yall stick with the War Between the States until you've ehausted every avenue. SOW beats anything else out there and has got me to looking into more than ever as to how it's done and Modding. SH4 whet my appetite but yall have given me a full blown meal.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
rbuck
Reactions:

Post by rbuck »

I agree that I would like to every ACW battle worth simulating covered before moving on. Would love to someday get into the Napoleonic Wars however as I know little about the subject but have always been fascinated.
"If this cause, that is dear to my heart, is doomed to fail, I pray heaven may let me fall with it, while my face is toward the enemy and my arm battling for that which I know is right."
Major General Patrick R. Cleburne before his fatal wound at the battle of Franklin, Tennessee.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

rbuck,

Just pull down the NapMod and get stuck in. No better way to learn.

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Silent Hunter 4 is what got me interested in modding and it seems that now I'm always learning. I hope to begin working with modding on SOW but I'm not at the point that I feel confident enough to do the things I'd like to. If ever there was a place to learn and a game set up to learn on here is it. Best game community I have ever run across.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

What Silent Hunter 4 mods do you recommend? I love the Gray Wolf's for SH3 but could never find a great repository for SH4 mods.
I like TMO and most of Websters stuff. Look into the download section at subsim Graphics and Gameplay section has a nice array. To be honest the playabilty of SOW has anything I've seen beat because of the many directions that you can take the game. I will say having been in the Navy that SH4 realism is great.
Last edited by 35th Georgia on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

This is a fun topic to read--really enjoy the responses. As I have said before, we can't make any announcements yet on what's next. But I can't wait to read the responses when we do. :)
Any chance of even a slight hint?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

This is a fun topic to read--really enjoy the responses. As I have said before, we can't make any announcements yet on what's next. But I can't wait to read the responses when we do. :)
Ok, a slight hint. The combat will be from the 19th century.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Ok, a slight hint. The combat will be from the 19th century.
19th century BC