Whats Next?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
JeanAllTrekkie
Reactions:

Whats Next?

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

What do you guys think will be the next title or expansion for Scourge of War?

1. Vicksburg
2. Shiloh
3. Atlanta
4. Wilderness 1864
5. Franklin
6. Chickamauga
7. Chattanooga

OR perhaps a new era?

1. American Revolution
2. War of 1812
3. Mexican War

or lastly a iPad version of SOW.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Re: Whats Next?

Post by garyknowz »

My first guess would be Fredericksburg. Seems like a logical extension to Chancellorsville. But there has been pressure for a western battle, so I expect Shiloh and Chickamauga/Chattanooga to be on the drawing board. I'd be very happy with any of these.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

OR perhaps a new era?

1. American Revolution
2. War of 1812
3. Mexican War
Why the focus on American wars?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

I thought its already been reported that Shiloh is on deck. I'm very happy with that. Fredericksburg seems like it would have a severe lack of interesting scenarios.

http://www.brettschulte.net/CWBlog/2012 ... designers/
JeanAllTrekkie
Reactions:

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

Because European Wars have been done to death lol.
General Matt Adler
Reactions:

Post by General Matt Adler »

I think the Mexican era would be good.
JeanAllTrekkie
Reactions:

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

I thought its already been reported that Shiloh is on deck. I'm very happy with that. Fredericksburg seems like it would have a severe lack of interesting scenarios.

http://www.brettschulte.net/CWBlog/2012 ... designers/
WOW thanks for that article. I put it on my Blog - www.strategywargamer.com

I cant wait till this game comes out. Im Buying it ... THE MINUTE IT COMES OUT!

Im obsessed with Scourge of War games. Bout to do a FULL review of SOW Chancellorsville and SOW Antietam
JeanAllTrekkie
Reactions:

Post by JeanAllTrekkie »

I think the Mexican era would be good.
The Mexican War would be interesting.

But I really would like to see A American Revolution Game. The trick is selling it ... marketing wise. Theres only a small percentage of American Revolution events... i.e. Reenactments, Anniversary celebrations, etc. compared to Civil War. Its Sad that The War that created this nation is not as historically popular as others.

But I think with the right marketing you can make as much money as other titles. The trick is making a REALLY GOOD GAME and marketing the crap out of it. Hit up all the top sites - wargamer.com, gamespot.com, even Steam. Get some of those casual and AAA gamers. Attend events ie. Historicon, Historic Williamsburg events, E3, PAX. Get word out and let them see how awesome the game is. Once they see graphics and gameplay they like people will shell out dough for it.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Because European Wars have been done to death lol.
They have? Can you name me some titles? Total War is hopeless at representing the gunpowder era' its battles are laughable. We can discount that as taking up NSD's market since its not aimed at wargamers but at arcade game players. Histwar is a little too inaccesible and slow. I can't think of any other RTS for the black powder era in Europe. Its a huge untapped game market, possibly bigger than the ACW for wargamers and certaionly bigger than the other American was you mentioned. Any product NSD makes has got to have wide appeal; I don't think a game based on the Mexican War would sell enough units to be successful.

The AWI would be an interesting war to cover and I can see modders converting it to a full SYW game which would have some appeal in Europe though nowhere near as much as, say, a Napoleonic game.
Last edited by Saddletank on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Kondor999
Reactions:

Post by Kondor999 »

Lord God, *please* do a Napoleonic battle. Waterloo is fine, Austerlitz even better. Hell, do Jena if you want but for God's sake do something! ;)

Seriously, the grandest era of warfare ever known cries out for a proper treatment. This engine could do it right.

There's a lot of us out here waiting. How much subject appeal does the ACW have for your international audience? By going Napoleonic, you're attracting a much wider market.

And plus, the Naploeonic uniforms are just way better. :P