Just thought I would introduce Raidcall.

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Just thought I would introduce Raidcall.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi guys!

So what is Raidcall? Raidcall is a voice network similar to Teamspeak, but the sole difference is that yo do not host it on your own system. You setup your own server for free on Raidcall's own hosting site.

It's 100% free, and best of all it's bandwidth is minimal, even lower than TS, and it uses less ram, and it has excellent voice quality. I use it, and have my own channel for playing DayZ, and whole slew of other games when I play online (never thought I would say that but lately I've been playing allot of MP lately).

Link: http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html

Here is the gist of the program.

[gist]
SPOILER: SHOW
Anyway, take it easy!
Leffe7
Reactions:

Re: Just thought I would introduce Raidcall.

Post by Leffe7 »

Raidcall sounds interesting.
Is there a possibility to change the channel when playing in fullscreen mode?
Or is there a easy-to-use whisper feature?
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Raidcall sounds interesting.
Is there a possibility to change the channel when playing in fullscreen mode?
I'm not sure that they have implemented a in-game menu plugin as of yet. That could be something they may be wanting to add at a later time. I could suggest alt-tabbing out, but that is something I never recommend. :pinch:
Or is there a easy-to-use whisper feature?
Not too sure, so far I've never had a need to use many of it's features.

I jump between Raidcall, and Teamspeak. I use Raidcall when I am hosting my Dayz Breakingpoint, or Overwatch games since it works off their servers, and lets me host, and play the game with very little overhead, and I use Teamspeak when I am playing with the A.C.R.E addon (Arma 2/CO).

Check it out, and see if it's something you want to use. If you need to test out a standard Raidcall server, visit this one: http://www.raidcall.com/go.php?sid=6716570

That is my server.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I guess to sum up what is the benefit of using Raidcall over Teamspeak would be that if you cannot afford to rent a TS3 server, then install Raidcall since you are using their free servers to host your voice channel.

If you can't afford a TS server, then having it hosted on your own computer, along with playing, and hosting a MP game, and the TS server you might experience some overhead issues since everything is being processed through you. Mind you though you might not see much degradation of performance if it's just you, and your friend playing but get a few more people in there, and you might see problems begin to arise such as lag, disconnects.

For me, sometimes I can get up to 20 people playing on my Dayz server, and I can't afford wasting my bandwidth, and resources hosting my teamspeak server, and my Dayz server at the same time which is why I will use Raidcall since I have no overhead issues using the voice program, and the majority of my bandwidth, and resources go to hosting my Dayz server.

Anyway, Raidcall is not meant to replace Teamspeak if that is what you are use to using.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.