LAN Game Loss Sync Instantly, blames DDS mismatch.

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
pakfront
Reactions:

LAN Game Loss Sync Instantly, blames DDS mismatch.

Post by pakfront »

Hello. I've installed Windows 8 on my desktop and reinstalled SOW a few days ago, getting and am running 1.61, which the Matrix 'Play' Window tells me is the latest. I have played a few SP scenarios successfully.

I have attempted to test a SOW LAN game with my XP laptop, which also has a fresh install with the Matrix Installers up to 1.61.

Firewall is off on the XP machine. Haven't figured out how to turn it off on the W8 machine, but SOW.exe is set to go through it.
The W8 machines has some mods in the mods folder, all deactivated. I have not done anything to the Base directory other than empty the Music folder so I don't get the menu music (which is decent, but gets annoying)

I am able to connect the sessions together via the IP connection, using my local IP address (168.192...) and can chat between the computers in the pre-game lobby where you select your leaders. However, when I am actually playing, the movement is totally out of sync (Enemy units not even remotely close to the right position.) I am not able to chat between the machines with the X key either. I assume I have totally lost connection between the machines. Log indicates as much, and seems to blame a mismatch over a DDS. Any suggestions as to how I can get this to work?

10:30:00 PRESS SPACE BAR TO BEGIN
10:30:00 SowGB Level Loaded...
10:30:00 22:32:31
10:30:00 Waiting for all soldiers to arrive on the field.
10:30:00 Oberon is playing Maj Gen George G Meade
10:30:00 General is playing General Robert E Lee
10:30:00 Waiting for all soldiers to arrive on the battlefield... Oberon
10:30:00 <MULTI> disconnect notification.
10:30:00 <MULTI> NAT server disconnected.
10:30:00 <SYSTEM> Oberon map loaded.
10:30:00 DDS mismatch with Oberon
10:30:00 DDS mismatch, user dropped
10:30:00 Waiting for all soldiers to arrive on the battlefield...
10:30:00 <MULTI> disconnect notification.
10:30:00 <MULTI> connection lost.
10:30:00 <SYSTEM> Oberon left the field.
10:33:42 Officer: hello
10:34:26 Unloading Level
22:37:03 Loading Defined Lists
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: LAN Game Loss Sync Instantly, blames DDS mismatch.

Post by Little Powell »

In multiplayer, two computers in the same game cannot have the same registration code. This is a security measure.
pakfront
Reactions:

Re: LAN Game Loss Sync Instantly, blames DDS mismatch.

Post by pakfront »

Understandable. Thank you for the quick response.