Brandy Station Released

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Brandy Station Released

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

The Brandy Station Expansion Pack is now up on the Matrix site. I did a quick flyover of the map and must say that it looks quite nice. It will be a pleasure to fight a few battles on it. Well done NSD team!
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Brandy Station Released

Post by Little Powell »

Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Thanks, we appreciate the kind words.

LP was the prime mover on this map so he gets the credit for excellent work in my entirely biased opinion.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
conjotter
Reactions:

Post by conjotter »

Nice work folks.

I'm not keen on cavalry, but I saddled up for the very reasonable price of $11.99 Canadian.

Games looks good and the map is huge.

Please, can the next game be one of the Western battles?

Thanks, CJ.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Jim wrote:
LP was the prime mover on this map so he gets the credit for excellent work in my entirely biased opinion.
The credit is well deserved. I just played a sandbox game using this map and was quite pleased with the rolling countryside and fairly open woods. It made for a fine battle. One interesting event, though. The fight occurred at St James church. The bell tolled during the entire affair. It got on my nerves so I ordered a regiment to go in and shoot Quasimodo. The only problem, no bell tower. So where's the bell?? :S
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

So where's the bell?? :S
I don't have the Map as of now, but if You are trying to turn it off, it is probably listed in the mapname .csv file, probably near the bottom of that file.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

So it's $9.99 US if you download it from inside the US, but it's $11.99 Canadian if you download it from inside Canada?

What's this? Screw Canadians week?

The exchange rate is currently $1.00 US = $1.05 Canadian.

1.05 X $9.99 = $10.49, not $11.99.

That's $1.50 extra in Matrix's bank account for each screwed Canadian customer.

That's some business calculator Matrix has.
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

Oh, wait.

Screwing Canadians is primarily the responsibility of the Canadian government.

Tax?
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Downloaded and have played two sp games. Beautiful map,the woods are perfect. The horses are so very real they don't disturb your vision. Also the smoothness, for me, is improved. I really like the 150th Anniversary Collection version. It is a keeper. Now RebBugler will make it the ultimate with the upgraded toolbar and enhanced flags. Thank you gentlemen. I for one am impressed and very pleased. Now get busy with something out west please.
BZ26V
RDBoles
Move Forward
Brick McBurly
Reactions:

Post by Brick McBurly »

Picked up the boxed versions of both Brandy Station and the 150th Collection (yeah, I already had all the stuff in the 150th, but I think I have a hard copy of every ACW game ever released, and hopefully the support helps keep the product coming). Nice that Matrix also includes the digital download (not all software sites do) so I don't have to wait on them.

On the 150th package-does it install over what I've already got or will it be a separate entity? Hoping for the latter, although I suppose it would be easy enough to move over my small amount of saves and mods. Otherwise I'll just wait until I go back to Japan and put it on one of our re-enactment club's computers (some of the guys might be interested in seeing how a real gunpowder based army of the times behaved after they've been playing Total War's Fall of the Samurai...).