Nap Portraits

Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Nap Portraits

Post by Saddletank »

Very nice, the young Napoleon looks like a very hungry fellow!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Grog - Excellent blending there!

Now, having a thousand pictures of the Officers at that time would have to come from your own personal collection. I wouldn't think that you could get that many from the Internet.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks for the kind comments, fellas.

Yes, D. They are all part of my personal collection, otherwise known as The Grog Archives ;)

I wish it was the case but I have collected them almost entirely from the internet.

There are some good sources out there, which has saved countless hours of research. For the less well published Generals there was a lot of time used up in following links and clues, often with no success. Often I would think I had got my General, only to find it had Val Kilmer's face pasted onto it :laugh:

Here's lists of the Generals so far in Excel form.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/m5b3x98 ... ts_July'13

There are probably quite a few more out there, especially from the 1813-14 period. If anyone is crazy enough to start searching or happens to stumble across one that I have missed, please post me a link.

I will make all available to anyone on request, eventually. Please PM me if you require them sooner.

Cheers

Mike
Last edited by Grog on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Are Portuguese dudes included in the British list? I can probably dig up a few of those for you.

I found that the French language Wikipedia was useful for many Napoleonic generals; their language site seems to cover the Nap wars in more detail than the English language site.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Great work Grog. Thank you.

Martin
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Thanks 'Tank'

I did some searching for Portuguese Generals with little luck but I'm sure you have better sourses that me and would start with a better footing.

French sourses were very good and that is reflected by the number I got.

Any help will be appreciated but no rush. Finishing the ones I've got is now my priority.

Cheers
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Update

The blending stage has been completed for the Generals of Austria, France, Britain and Spain (over 600 in total).

Blending for Russia and Prussia will have to wait until Gunship's Sprites for these nations have been changed into the quicker format (which could end up being my next project :dry: ).

Mounting them will start soon but prob not until I've come back from my hols next week. Hopefully, this stage will not take as long as the others.

I will probably release this as a separate mod to be run in conjunction with Road to Wagram and Peninsular Mod. MP players will need to swap a few files but that should be easy. If it proves popular, perhaps Gunship will consider integration??

In the meantime, if anyone has any OOB's they would like to be included for Portrait mod conversion, fire away.

Grog
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Ah, I was unaware that Gunships 1815/Prussian/Russian sprite pack was the old unpacked format. That's a bummer. Gotta change them all.

I'd like to get as many portraits included in our Peninsular campaign OOBs as possible. I can't send you the OOBs themselves as its all very hush-hush (and some aren't done yet!) so what's the best way to do this - I send you all the generals names I have and you give me the portrait codes?

Did you do a generic portrait (like NSD did for ACW generals without an image)?
Last edited by Saddletank on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Tank,
I'll publish the entire generals list with the codes once they are mounted. From these anyone can quickly change the OOBs that have already been posted or their own.

Firstly, in V1 the current National flags image willing be shown but I am collecting some nice art for each nations generals/units which I hope to use later.

I have to say, they are looking nice although there are sizable gaps in portrait coverage which might dissapoint some who are used to all those SOW ACW brigadier photo's. Still, better than now't as they say ere up north :-)
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

At the risk of annoying you, yet another update but as yet no cigar :P

I've back to to blending stage and have improved on many so that I am finally happy with them.

I'm sorry but you are dealing with a sick man here :laugh: