New Version for SP and MP

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: New Version for SP and MP

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

LP is right. Cavalry tend to be much less skittish to command. I have had several massed Cavalry charge - counter-charge fights where the fighting continues more than the old version. They tend to break/fall back less. :evil: (Heavy Cavalry rules! Vive l'Cuirassiers! (on both sides)).

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

Also, I've noticed some superb, (and probably accidental), combined arms work by the AI. Cavalry comes forward, I form square, theres ALWAYS a battery somewhere close-up firing into the squares, and then up hustle the Infantry columns. Hard to beat.
Last edited by Jack ONeill on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Also, I've noticed some superb, (and probably accidental), combined arms work by the AI. Cavalry comes forward, I form square, theres ALWAYS a battery somewhere close-up firing into the squares, and then up hustle the Infantry columns. Hard to beat.
In MP play, squares form columns to run away, cavalry charges, columns run up the white flag. :ohmy: I hate cavalry. Unless they're my cavalry, of course.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

The attachment screen0069.jpg is no longer available
The attachment screen0068.jpg is no longer available
The attachment screen0067.jpg is no longer available
The attachment screen0066.jpg is no longer available
...and now, just because it's time to hijack the thread for no reason......Ta-Da! Squares!...and some other cool screenshots.

Some badly supported squares, some squares properly supported by Horse and Guns. I love the shot of the Uhlans riding down the French Legere Infantry. I thru in the Hungarians fighting in the woods because it was a cool shot AND a great fight during the game.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
Attachments
screen0069.jpg
screen0069.jpg (850.85 KiB) Viewed 671 times
screen0068.jpg
screen0068.jpg (872.76 KiB) Viewed 671 times
screen0067.jpg
screen0067.jpg (981.83 KiB) Viewed 671 times
screen0066.jpg
screen0066.jpg (834.85 KiB) Viewed 671 times
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Thanks for the update LP :).

Jack, great screen shots. :)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I know there's been talk on here somewhere of a fix for the French guns captured by the British turning into Austrian ones... its a case of adding some entries to unitglobal.csv... but I just can't find the discussion. Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Theres two french artillery unit types i think in unitglobal. One has captured class as Austrian and the other as British. One has some reference to peninsula like "PEN" in its name. Thats the one you need to use in the french OOB if the other army is the British.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Would it be possible to make the fix official in a small patch to the mod? If users mess with unitglobal it mucks up MP games I think.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

no messing around in unitglobal required. The fix is simply to replace the french artillery units in the OOB you are using with the correct name exactly as it is listed in unitglobal. I will do a fix that updates all the peninsula OOBs for that reason but might be a few weeks.
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

FR_GB_ART_GunLimbered_1
FR_GB_HORSE_ART_GunLimbered_1

These are the French artillery unit with captured class as British for use in the OOB. Hope that helps. The other version FR_ART_GunLimbered_1 has captured class as Austrian.
JTolliver
Reactions:

Post by JTolliver »

Hey guys I need some tech assistance. I'm usually pretty good with computers but I can't get this nap mod to work. I can get all the files in the correct places except for the main one which is obviously the one I need the most...the Road to Wagram & Peninsular.7z file. I have no problem with the .csv file or any of the others. I download everything to desktop then extract to the correct places. However it will not let me extract the Road to Wagram & Peninsular.7z file. And it looks different on my desktop than the others. The others look and work fine but this main file is just a white page and when I click it prompts me to choose which app I want to use to open it. This has gotten me really puzzled. I'm using windows 8 which would be the problem. Any thoughts? Perhaps another link to that file?

Thanks in advance,
SGT. JT