New Version for SP and MP

Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Re: New Version for SP and MP

Post by Jack ONeill »

JT<

First and foremost, you probably need to be using winrar to get the files set. It is a free download from winrar.com and very easy to use. Then, download the NAPMOD folders to where-ever. DO NOT EXTRACT THEM TO ANYWHERE. They are self-contained. Open each download and take THE ENTIRE FOLDER and place it in the MODS section of the game. If you extract the files, you will over-write some of the stock game files and nothing will work. Once the folders are in the MODS section, you can activate them like any other Mod and run the game.

I don't think Windows 8 is the issue, but Gunship is the authority on that, since it is his Mod.

Good Luck.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Gotta have this FREE app to unzip it, since this wasn't mentioned, I'm just guessing...

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
JTolliver
Reactions:

Post by JTolliver »

Many thanks Jack as that works just fine. Actually I should have known that but I just assumed this new computer would have WinRAR or winzip or something like that already on it. RebBugler, you don't necessarily need to also have the 7zip if you download the larger WinRAR program. Well perhaps it's included in the larger one...not sure...but I did see where it prompted me to also download the 7zip.

Another question. I can't get my custom toolbar to work with this mod. Am I stuck with using the stock tool bar? And one more thing...I see that it's played via the courier method. Is there a way that I can play it without the courier method?

Thanks in advance,
SGT. JT
occupied Virginia
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

JT,

Good deal you got it running.

Toolbar - Is it Rebs toolbar or a custom one of your own? If it's Rebs, he can answer your question.

Couriers - Check your "Options" settings. The NapMod will run on all different settings.

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"
JTolliver
Reactions:

Post by JTolliver »

OK I think I finally got everything figured out and then some since I'm now able to open some of the mods that I heretofore haven't been able to. Thanks again Jack!

Sgt. JT
somewhere in Yankee occupied Virginia
Last edited by JTolliver on Sat May 04, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddl
Reactions:

Post by ddl »

Hi folks,

First let me say this is an awesome mod. The only other decent Nap games out there are the old waterloo nap's last battle and ANGV (IMHO)

One question: How do I get the AI to form square when I fight in single player?

I have downloaded the Mod and Logistics files and the mod runs great, but the AI just stand there and let my cavalry charge them with impunity. Any ideas?
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

ddl wrote:
One question: How do I get the AI to form square when I fight in single player?
The AI will not form squares on its own. It does not know anything about that formation. That is a serious problem in using this mod for solo play. However, it is a great mod for multi-player. The kriegspiel group regularly has nappy MP games. There is even a Peninsula campaign being run. They are very friendly. Go here and check them out. Kriegspiel Forum
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

ddl,

...and in an entirely different, selfish direction - the inability of the AI to form square makes it really special when you unleash your Cuirassiers and ride the opposing Cavalry down, then crash into the Infantry, Hooves thundering, Sabres flashing in the sun... :evil:

"Molon Labe"

Jack

"Molon Labe"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Tonight MTG and I were playing French vs Austrians on one of the Pipe Creek Maps and one of MTGs dragoon squadrons went foaming-mad out of control and captured two Grenzer battalions and routed a third in one charge. It lost 140 men but killed and captured 1,300. It really was spectacular!

In support of MP play it is a whole new game and with the rock-paper-scissors balance between arty-inf-cav where each has its weakness and strengths it can be very gratifying to catch a human opponents infantry in lines and crush them completely with a well timed cavalry charge.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

All,

As I have said at least once, if not more times, there is NOTHING like a well-timed Cavalry charge. Good job French Dragoons!

"Molon Labe"

Jack B)

"Molon Labe"