MadMinute

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
norb
Reactions:

MadMinute

Post by norb »

A while back I was approached by Rob Zacny about doing an interview as to what happened at MMG. He promised to be fair, and impressions are that he was. So I figured that I would just post the link before someone else discovered the article. I'm actually hesitant to read it myself. This was such a bad time for me that I don't want to relive it. I didn't know it was up, I've just known it was coming and dreading it :) I got a call from Russ (mentioned in the article) telling me about it. It was great talking to him, he's working on Skylanders, yes the ones that your kids have. I'm trying to convince him to help out with our UI.

Besides, you know Michael S. was going to find this soon, I mean he finds EVERYTHING that's on the net :) So I beat him to the punch.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/2/ ... mad-minute
con20or
Reactions:

Re: MadMinute

Post by con20or »

I never knew any of that - he seems to have reported in in a very impartial way. A really cruddy situation to find yourself in.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Read the beginning and it's very well written. I have to admit that Rob is a very talented writer. He really opens the story well. A few fact checks, I was never a Marine. I went to the Marine Military Academy for a year after high school and before Annapolis. It's a boys prep school run by retired Marines located in Harlingen, Texas. Also, I was a Nose Tackle at Navy, not a Defensive Back. I could never run that fast :) My career was very short. I joined the team winter of my freshman year, worked out over the winter, practiced over the spring, then got my injury in the spring scrimmage. I never recovered completely after that and left Navy after my sophomore year.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Well Their you have it. So let it go, and get back down to your basement and come up with more good stuff. Good to know you are a human being. I was beginning to think you might be a cyborg or something. A little adversity makes us appreciate the good times. Love this game and all the nutburgers associated with it in these forumss.
BZ26V
Richard
Move Forward
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Haaaaaa. Good find there Norb.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Norb, I was just wondering, after all the stuff you went through, do you despise the guy you used to work with
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

No, I don't despise him or wish him ill will at all. I feel sorry for him in a way because the only thing preventing him from realizing his dream was himself. He just never understood that unless you are paying everyone, you don't get to dictate all the shots. You've got to do the grunt work and you've got to compromise. He didn't understand that in his analogy about Frank Lloyd Wright, Frank didn't just say build a house on a waterfall and then leave. He stayed with it and directed it every step of the way, he wrote tons of specs and plans, he was involved in the entire process. I know, I visited there this summer and got the whole tour. This is especially true when you are a garage team made of volunteers, it can't be just one guy's game absolute, it has to be a little of everyone's game and that's what I built.
Jack ONeill
Reactions:

Post by Jack ONeill »

Damn Right and Damn Good...

Jack B)
American by birth, Californian by geography, Southerner by the Grace of God.

"Molon Labe"
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I have read from start to finish. I'm still not understanding why anyone would even write about this, I mean that is a personal matter, and only meant to be between Norb, and Bryant.

What I have gathered from what I have read is more along the lines of two good friends working together for a common cause eventually moving apart due to personal strain which then moved it's way professionally.

For me, I think this should have stayed a private, and personal matter only, and not spoken or written about by a third party.

I'm sorry Norb that this happened, and I'm also sorry that this had to be written about.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

A very good read!

I like how the article was written by separating the lay-out.

I can’t really take-sides, due to the fact that no-matter-how it turned out, both of them are responsible for creating one of the best Civil-War games to date.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!