My first attempt at courier, and in the saddle. I must be doing something wrong. [Video Included]

Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: My first attempt at courier, and in the saddle. I must be doing something wrong. [Video Included]

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Mike wrote:
I guess I had better learn to command a division then because if I ever hope to play online with the rest of the guys for HITS, I had better learn.
No need. There are quite a few long time players who still prefer to command only a brigade. In fact we recommend that new players take just a brigade to start since the restricted view is so disorienting at first. As we play with strict chain of command, a human will be your division commander. He will be able to help you with your movement and deployment and hopefully keep an eye on your flank and let you know when the enemy is bearing down on it. You'll be surprised how quickly your tactical ability will improve in that environment. Then you can start making videos on what you did right. :laugh:
HAAAAA, Okay that's just funny. :laugh:

Cool, that is good to know. I want to take part so where do I sign up? Mike "cannon fodder" Slaunwhite reporting for duty Sir!

I'm no Speilberg that's a fact. :)
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: My first attempt at courier, and in the saddle. I must be doing something wrong. [Video Included]

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

The Kriegspiel forum is the best place to start. Go to this page to find out what is needed with regards to downloads and game adjustments. HITS Kriegspiel Style
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

I want to take part so where do I sign up? Mike "cannon fodder" Slaunwhite reporting for duty
Here are a few links to threads on the Kriegspiel forum which will give you a taste of the HITS battles available.

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/f33-arranged-games

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t633- ... horse#5503

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t631- ... ame-6#5486

Jeff
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

I'll try to post a recent HITS video tomorrow (uncut). We'll see if you can 'stick it' longer than my 15.04 minutes :laugh: :laugh:
Last edited by Grog on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Sorry for taking so long getting back to you guys, I just got off work (4:40am in the morning).

Thanks Guys, I'll be visiting the links, and I'll try my best to watch the entire video. :)

cheers.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Well Mike, here it is and be prepared to be riveted to your chair for 50 mins :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0UJ4fo ... e=youtu.be

Its unedited as promised, ha, and starts a few minutes in because I forgot to press record! Was a few ago weeks now, so I'm a bit hazy about the game. It will be good for me to watch myself.

Only recorded posted half the battle but hopefully there will be some interesting bits.

Myself, Mitra and Suchet thought we would try out Corps command against the AI. Mitra took army command with some cav and Art (I think) with me and Suchet taking an inf corps each.

I am the left flank of the army advancing east south of Oak Hill (Mac map). On reaching the crest of the hill I see an unsupported Reb Art column. I order my centre division to attack while my left div occupies oak hill. My other division is way south and gets cought up in an action all of its own, where Mitra takes command of it. I only see the remnants arrive an hour or so later.

Cheers :)
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Ouch! That was a spanking. Although commanding the 11th corps is not for the faint of heart. Even though I've fought 1000's of battles I am always impressed on just how good the graphics look in this game. Thanks for sharing.

When writing courier orders to one of your brigades, you reversed the orders and gave the formation they were to assume before giving them a direction to face. Just follow the the order in the drop down list. You can omit some of them if you like, but don't get them out of order.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Grog Wrote:
Well Mike, here it is and be prepared to be riveted to your chair for 50 mins

Its unedited as promised, ha, and starts a few minutes in because I forgot to press record! Was a few ago weeks now, so I'm a bit hazy about the game. It will be good for me to watch myself.

Only recorded posted half the battle but hopefully there will be some interesting bits.

Myself, Mitra and Suchet thought we would try out Corps command against the AI. Mitra took army command with some cav and Art (I think) with me and Suchet taking an inf corps each.

I am the left flank of the army advancing east south of Oak Hill (Mac map). On reaching the crest of the hill I see an unsupported Reb Art column. I order my centre division to attack while my left div occupies oak hill. My other division is way south and gets cought up in an action all of its own, where Mitra takes command of it. I only see the remnants arrive an hour or so later.

Cheers
No problem, and thanks for the video. :) I'm sure it will be a far sight better than my own.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

Ouch! That was a spanking. Although commanding the 11th corps is not for the faint of heart. Even though I've fought 1000's of battles I am always impressed on just how good the graphics look in this game. Thanks for sharing.

When writing courier orders to one of your brigades, you reversed the orders and gave the formation they were to assume before giving them a direction to face. Just follow the the order in the drop down list. You can omit some of them if you like, but don't get them out of order.
Indeed, a 'spanking', Ha! Although back in England they'd say I got 'licked' :)

Them cowardly Dutch, running like chickens, all of em ;) .

To be fair, I only posted half the battle and I did manage to stop the rebel attack on my left with my Corps artillery and what was left of Stein.....'s div. Still, we didn't even get close to the Major objective before time. Also, turned out we were fighting a force 50% larger and absolutely 'bristling' with artillery.

Thanks for the feedback MTG.