Newbie HITS advice.

pensfan
Reactions:

Re: Newbie HITS advice.

Post by pensfan »

Just bought Gettysburg & Pipe Creek. Downloaded Scourge Of War Gettysburg: Brigade Scenario Pack. Now off to the tutorials! :cheer:

Alan
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Good luck with the game. Hope you have fun and don't forget to ask on here if you run into problems or have any questions. We have an MP group that exclusively plays games in HITS mode, so look us up when you get the urge.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
pensfan
Reactions:

Post by pensfan »

Still learning with sandbox battles. Any recommendations when setting up a sandbox as far as the Battle Type section?
1) Number of objectives
2) Objective point value
3) Objective time limit
4) Score limit
5) Game length

I haven't changed any of the above. What if any should be changed?

Thanks,

Al
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

If you are playing HITS, then most of those things are irrelevant. The criteria I use is to defeat the enemy and still have a viable fighting force at the end of the battle. When playing as a division or brigade commander, your commanding officer will give you a location to march to and a general stance to take while there. The enemy will almost always show up. The rest is up to you. If you are a corps commander in a corps size game, you will have to decide where to deploy your divisions based on their size and quality.

In "hunt them down" games on the large maps, it will usually take 30-45 minutes of marching before a battle is likely to start. On the smaller maps it will take 15-20 minutes. The length of the game is not important. If one side is beaten quickly, just end it. If the battle ends while the fighting is at its height, just continue playing. But a corps size battle will usually take 2-3 hours to finish.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
pensfan
Reactions:

Post by pensfan »

OK, thanks for the reply. Was not sure if I needed to change any of those settings. Still going through a steep learning curve.

Al