Who has to deal with the Storm?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Davinci
Reactions:

Who has to deal with the Storm?

Post by Davinci »

Hey, who all has to deal with the storm that is coming towards the east-coast?

I know that Chamberlain lives in the vicinity of impact, but who else?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: Who has to deal with the Storm?

Post by Garnier »

We're supposed to have 60-mph winds tomorrow night, up by lake Ontario.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

We're supposed to have 60-mph winds tomorrow night, up by lake Ontario.
Ouch, well buckle-down and hold the high-ground this one seems to be a really bad one.

I'm trying to follow the latest news results of the storm on the Internet, I'm just glad that it isn't going to affect this far south.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Davinci,,

Yeah, we are hoping hoping for the best, but with the projected rain and wind up to 60 -70 mph, starting in the am, we shall see. The patio is secured, the genertator is gassed up and ready to go !
At least we will get a pretty good night sleep tonight as Hell will be breaking loose in the am...Will probably be awake all tomorrow night....

Schools are already closed Monday & Tuesday, so far !

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

Near Lancaster, Pa. about an hour west of Philly. Right now light rain, light wind, 54 degrees.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Watch the Hurricane Sandy Cams. Watch to keep up to date.

[Five Links]

* The New York City Harbor Cam - Poised on the torch balcony of the Statue of Liberty, this cam provides HD video (and sound) of the Manhattan skyline and New York Harbor.

* The Brooklyn Bridge Cam - This HD streaming cam provides live footage of—what else—an aerial view of the Brooklyn Bridge, which spans the East River.

* The Atlantic City NJ Cam - This one seems to be under a bit of a heavy load, but when it comes through, it provides a great, up-close view of the surf on the beach at Atlantic City.

* The Wildwood NJ Cam - This webcam shows a view of the Wildwoods sign on the Jersey Shore. This one is a bit choppier than the others, but still has a good vantage point.

*** Lastly: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/2331793
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

In Virginia on the Chesapeake. I thought we had escaped the storms this year... :( Last year we escaped the Hurricane without losing power, but the repair work by DVP ended up knocking it out for a week. The time before we had no power for 6 weeks.

Keep safe and best wishes to you all!
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Right in the middle of Jersey, should be interesting. Entire family is hunkered down and ready to go. Just hope my trees don't fall. Still have power so far :)
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

Good luck to you guys. This thing is mind-boggling. Everywhere from Roanoke VA to Providence RI is LIKELY to loose power. I'm in Central Virginia west of I-95. We're expecting 30-50 mph sustained with 60 mph gusts for 48 hours. That's like a nasty but short summer thunderstorm that lasts for two days, but nothing like the Chesapeake or NJ will get.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

I am about 5 miles from West Point..... Not much rain yet, a little wind............... But they say it is on it's way !!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today