Who has to deal with the Storm?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Who has to deal with the Storm?

Post by Jim »

Wind howling right now. Gusts up above 40, probably at least 6 inches of rain today and still coming down. Nothing more than a few power blinks. So far. :whistle:

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

All good in Central Jersey. No power, but we're all ok. No serious damage that I can see. Lots of down trees, but everyone was spared.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

We came through pretty well, never lost power, it flickered a few times and I though we were going to lose it.... The worst part was when it got dark and you could hear the wind howl and branches hitting the roof and you could not see squat !!!. You keep your mind on the trees in your yard especially when I saw on tv that 2 little boys, friends, 11 & 13 were killed by a tree right through the house roof into the room they were playing in in another town.
So scary !!!!

:ohmy:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

As usual we did lose power/internet and phone...just part of being on the Chesapeake. But, all in all this was no Hurricane. With all of the NWS warning of winds that we were supposed to get it was far weaker. As a former waterman, I expect the hype from the media and, especially, the weather channel but not NOAA/NWS.

I'm praying/hoping you all made out through the storm squeaky clean and so did your loved one's and friends!
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

You keep your mind on the trees in your yard especially when I saw on tv that 2 little boys, friends, 11 & 13 were killed by a tree right through the house roof into the room they were playing in in another town.
So scary !!!!

:ohmy:

Chamberlain
I missed this on my first reading. I'm so very sorry to hear. Such a horrible, horrible thing.
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

OK, that completely sucked.

Missed a week without power by a few hours. It's crazy in NJ, thank the Lord that we were prepared and didn't have any major damage. So many lost everything, as seems more typical these days. A group from my church are in Samaritan's Purse and they travel around the country helping with disaster relief. This time they traveled 12 miles. First time they've volunteered and got to sleep in their own beds at night :)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

@Norb – well it may not appear at the moment, but you and your family were some of the lucky ones. The State of (NJ) will be dealing with this tragic-event for a very, very long time.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

And know we may have to deal with this Noreaster tomorrow and tomorrow night, with rain and gusty winds of 40 -50 mmph ..... An the rain could mix with wintery weather ..... Just what we need !! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

:evil: :evil:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

That's tough guys - glad to hear you're all ok.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

@Norb, and Chamberlain - Hey, will this new storm-front affect either one of you?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!