Printable Maps?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
LeatherneckGA
Reactions:

Printable Maps?

Post by LeatherneckGA »

I want to thank those who have helped me out recently, from Norbsoft, to the users here. It's been the most help I have received on any game site.

Secondly, I was wondering if the maps in the game are gif or jpg files that could be printed out on a printer.

I don't have the greatest eyesight in the world and trying to see these little bitty names on the maps is impossible even with my glasses on. Or, Alternately, does someone have a map that I could print out that they could give me a link to?

Thanks for your help in advance.

An old half blind Leatherneck
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Printable Maps?

Post by Little Powell »

Go to your Scourge Of War Game directory, Base, then find the Maps folder. You will find several files that contain the map name, and then end in MM. Example "1_McPherson_MM.dds". Those are the mini-maps. You might have to download an image viewer to view/print the DDS files. InfranView is a good free viewer.
Last edited by Little Powell on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeatherneckGA
Reactions:

Post by LeatherneckGA »

Thanks Bud, I didn't see that directory when I looked before, I found the base folder so I'll get these out of there.

Thanks again!
budd
Reactions:

Post by budd »

i open them in paint.net it's free and you can make adjustments to the map before printing[enemy known positions, ect.] Just dont save over the original file.Copy them all to another folder you make somewhere and play with them all you want.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

For those of you with Windows 7, use the Snipping tool. It comes with the OS, will grab any portion of the screen, and save it as a gif, png, or jpg.

I use it all the time and it works great. The only thing is you would have to run the game windowed (not full screen) to use it.

The attachment Map.JPG is no longer available

B
Attachments
Map.JPG
Map.JPG (203.57 KiB) Viewed 170 times
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Born, that looks like a strong defensive position for the ANV indeed... ;)
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

I agree. At least 110,000 men are facing me. Rather than attack all at once I will attack on the right first, then the middle, finally the left.

History will be my judge.

:P

George
Last edited by born2see on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

George, your plan is perfect. I can see no other result but complete success. :laugh: You should consider running for the presidency.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

You're Fired.

A. Lincoln
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863