AI attributes of senior commanders

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Martin James
Reactions:

AI attributes of senior commanders

Post by Martin James »

Have been testing some OOBs I’ve made for balance, using sandbox and 'Hunt them down' battle type. My method is to take a junior role on one side, and just follow orders. I find that things work fine with corps or army-level OOBs. Both sides make plans, and orders flow down from the top. I can then respond to these.

With just a division-level OOB however, neither side does anything at all, and no orders are issued in 'Hunt them down'. The only way I can get divisional commanders to do anything is to set objectives and an 'Attack' battle type.

Is this to be expected? I seem to recall comments to the effect that the role of senior commanders is strategic. Does this mean that division commanders do not have that functionality in the game? Or might there be a problem with my OOB?

Martin
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: AI attributes of senior commanders

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

You have to include a corps commander in your OOB. He will be present on the field and give your division commander his marching orders, who will in turn give you yours.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: AI attributes of senior commanders

Post by Martin James »

Thanks MTG.

Martin