No votes
Everywhere
29%

Total votes: 7

con20or
Reactions:

On the march - where are you?

Post by con20or »

Dont be misled by the name - this isnt a question of your (computer game) bravery.

When you have a large force on the march, where do you position yourself?

Is it:

The front - You have no idea whether your troops are following orders. You may get to your destination but find out that only 25% of your troops have followed you. If the enemy show up at the rear, you're in trouble.

The center - You have a good idea of what your troops are doing, and ready to respond to a threat from any direction. You don't have a great idea of whats going on at the front.

The rear
- great for the people who like to chivvy troops into position - but you are as blind as a bat.

Everywhere - 100% visibility and 0% simultaneously. If you spend time cajoling your mutinous battery into position you find you have already been routed.

Not in the poll

Does anyone know where a general would really have positioned himself on the march?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: On the march - where are you?

Post by Saddletank »

I should probably vote 'centre' because the description you place after that vote option is the one I most often place my general in, but this is actually not in the centre at all, but at the front. That is just in front of my troops but not 100s and 100s of yards out in front.

You should call the options:

Out on a Limb Waaay out in Front.

In Front.

In the Centre.

There's no need for a 4th option on the march as your routng battery isn't routing yet (at least I bloody well hope it isn't). Your 4th option applies once battle's been joined a while.

Fair effort 4/10. B)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

LOL :) good one :)
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

I give all my units their march orders, then watch and make sure everyone is moving. I then gallop to the front and stay 500 yd. or so beyond the lead unit. I can keep an eye on the progress of my troops and watch for the enemy at the same time.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.