This game for steam (hear me out!)

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Pielord92
Reactions:

This game for steam (hear me out!)

Post by Pielord92 »

I know norbsoft has already tried to get SoW on steam and that valve has rejected them. But now that steam has steam greenlight, it's the USERS who vote on which games get on steam and which don't. Valve really has no say in it if SoW apllies for steam greenlight. And if they do reject this game than it would look very very bad on their part. I understand that some people on the community don't use or like steam/valve and that's perfectly acceptable but for the ones who do, we may have a chance. (I'm not ENTIRELY sure how steam greenlight works so sorry if I'm wrong and this is a huge waste of time.)
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: This game for steam (hear me out!)

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I know norbsoft has already tried to get SoW on steam and that valve has rejected them. But now that steam has steam greenlight, it's the USERS who vote on which games get on steam and which don't. Valve really has no say in it if SoW apllies for steam greenlight. And if they do reject this game than it would look very very bad on their part. I understand that some people on the community don't use or like steam/valve and that's perfectly acceptable but for the ones who do, we may have a chance. (I'm not ENTIRELY sure how steam greenlight works so sorry if I'm wrong and this is a huge waste of time.)
Haaaaa, I know there has been some nasty talk about Steam, and pretty much all started by me which I am sorry about because I know that there are people who are into using Steam, and find nothing wrong with it.

Since the gamers finely have a say on what games which they suggest to be added then by all means go for it. It's all about the gamer....

I promise I won't say another word about Steam, I've left that ship a long time ago. :huh:
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

It couldn't hurt sales.
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

It would be one more game you can't play when your internet goes down :(
I vote no!
kaschykb
Reactions:

Post by kaschykb »

I used steam a while back and remember hating it.
redcoat
Reactions:

Post by redcoat »

if this game go's to steam then im out.
i have my reasons which have been stated elsewhere.
if norb wanted to go that route i could understand it,but not for me.
id stick with what i already have and the brilliant mods. cheers
Kalliser
Reactions:

Post by Kalliser »

I don't agree, I used steam a lot and have plently games with them (more than 30 from independant to blockbuster), they have access to a lot of consummers, and this is good for independant game developpers, see Introversion since they are on steam they make a lot more money which can fund their new game for our pleasure.
It would be one more game you can't play when your internet goes down
This is absolutely wrong, game engine don't change some games request conenction to steam to be launch, some not (like ai war) and can be launched directly via executable.

If we speak about security the protection in scourge of war is worst than steam, I can't play on my office, i can't play when my work send me out my home on my laptop so don't blame steam about that.

My advantage on steam are : I have a unified plateform for my games,

It's secure : impossible to connect from another computer without an additional verification (you're alerted by email), so account stealing is now impossible

I can install uninstall game at will since my hard drive capacity is not unlimited

Confident in their payment platform.

Games can have an auto-updating system.

Nothing in game are limited by steam so modding work as usual.

Developper can use steam friends to make easier multiplayer games.

So me I love steam and I'm pretty sure this game will have a lot of success on it.
For thoses who don't love steam you can buy the using usual way, there is no obligation using steam except for some game.
Last edited by Kalliser on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

If we speak about security the protection in scourge of war is worst than steam, I can't play on my office, i can't play when my work send me out my home on my laptop so don't blame steam about that.
This is not true. You can play the game on any computer you want. Just de-activate, then re-activate on your other computer. :)
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

If you guys want to keep battling back and forth the pros and cons of Steam...that's cool. But as far as SOW being a part of it...it ain't gonna happen, at least not in the next couple of years or so...Confirmed.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Kalliser
Reactions:

Post by Kalliser »

hihi I just think it's cost nothing to create the game on steam green lantern maybe valve will accept game in steam under community pressure.
This is not true. You can play the game on any computer you want. Just de-activate, then re-activate on your other computer.
Sure but if I want to play every day during my lunch pause at my work I must do it every morning before my departure, it's just painful :pinch: .

Another example : I like put small game on my dropbox account to keep synchronized my save between different computer, do it once with sowgb and I have destroy my activation and need to ask to unblock it. :silly:

So don't be angry but for me it's a very bad security system even if I love this game enough to support it.
Last edited by Kalliser on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.