General of the Armies - Stars and Bars...

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
con20or
Reactions:

General of the Armies - Stars and Bars...

Post by con20or »

As the game has expanded, higher levels of command have become available. The previous "General of the Armies" system (http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/40-dis ... old-system) has been amended to reflect the increase in the number of map and battle packs and the popularity of HITS. Generals who want the highest rank in the land cannot rest on their laurels but must continue to prove themselves worthy of high command.

A new system and set of insignia for the Forum has been designed whereby a gold star is awarded for successful completion of a Battle Pack and a gold bar is awarded for successful completion of a smaller Map Pack. Successful completion is defined as winning each scenario at the Major Victory level. The braid can only be gained by those Generals who can successfully complete any gold star pack on Historical difficulty. Games must be played at Normal or any higher difficulty, and unfortunately, as it is too hard to ensure a level playing field, Custom difficulty is ineligible.

The attachment rank_3hist_3.gif is no longer available
...three stars, three bars and braids...

Any of our current Generals can stay with their current avatars or transfer to the new system. At this time stars can be earned for Gettysburg (including ECF) and Antietam. The third Battle Pack that will be officially announced soon will also rate a star. A bar can be earned for completion of Pipe Creek and any future Map Packs that may be released.

Submit your zipped, victory laden scores file to stars (at) scourgeofwar (dot) com. For Gettysburg, the scores file is highscore.dat and for other packs it is custhighscore.dat.

Good Luck!
Attachments
rank_3hist_3.gif
rank_3hist_3.gif (5.36 KiB) Viewed 238 times
Last edited by con20or on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Re: General of the Armies - Stars and Bars...

Post by montecristo1981 »

Can any1 win a whole game on historical? Wud be impossible...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Not impossible... But darn close to it... :)
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

The biggest obstacle I have found to winning a MV on historical is not winning the battles (because after all you can try as many times as you want) but is getting an un-TC'd general not to leave the OBJ radius, causing you to lose points..

I think 'hold to the last' orders, combined with occasional TC on/off orders to the general, plus some timely placements of your own general should get you through.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

con20or wrote:
I think 'hold to the last' orders, combined with occasional TC on/off orders to the general, plus some timely placements of your own general should get you through.
TCing an AI commander is the only way. As soon as the player starts moving his troops into harms way, he will ride to them to try to help out.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Can I transfer to the new system? I beat Gettysburg scoring MV in all the scenarios. I also scored MV in all the Pipe Creek scenarios.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Hi privatewilley, yes we have your scores still on file. I'll transfer you over asap - you get a star and a bar.

Edit - got your AN score email too - we'll set you up ASAP.
Last edited by con20or on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZapDent
Reactions:

Post by ZapDent »

Just making sure. Does the gettysburg campaing star requaire the completion of cavalry field battles as well?
"It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - Robert E. Lee
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

stars can be earned for Gettysburg (including ECF)
Yep.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Congrats to Don who is now the Highest Ranking General on the forum!