How to install a mod (video)

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

How to install a mod (video)

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Links for Archive programs.

Winrar: http://www.rarlab.com/
7Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
Winzip: http://www.winzip.com/win/en/index.htm

If you like this, please leave a thank you to let me know that I should carry on with this or not.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Hopefully I will get this right. Here is a small how to install a mod video I made.

Post by con20or »

Not bad Mike, innovative use of notepad too :) I'll move this one to the mods section, might be of use to someone there.

Edit - no i won't, it's already there!
Last edited by con20or on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Hopefully I will get this right. Here is a small how to install a mod video I made.

Not bad Mike, innovative use of notepad too :) I'll move this one to the mods section, might be of use to someone there.

Edit - no i won't, it's already there!
Thanks con20or.

I'm working on a much better version which will be much shorter, and have some much needed civilwar music playing in the background. It's hard sitting through this without falling asleep.

When I get a microphone, I'll be making a number of how to's without the need to use notepad+++ to explain what I am trying to do.

I think 2 years plus has been long enough without having how to videos for the new people out there. :)

Thanks again Con20or,
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I have just finished making another version of this how to install a mod video.

Please let me know how this one works out, and please be honest, it's the only way I can make them better.

Link: http://justallinone.com/howto/SOWgb.html

If you like this, and appreciate the work that has gone into this small project, and would like to see more than leave a thank you by selecting the thank you icon below.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I think it's great, but couldn't find the volume control so had my head blown off.

I'll even make it a sticky for new players, cos i have had to talk quite a few people through installing mods.

You might want to put your latest version first, or tidy up the first post somewhat.

Edit - i also changed the title slightly, hope you don't mind.
Last edited by con20or on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I think it's great, but couldn't find the volume control so had my head blown off.

I'll even make it a sticky for new players, cos i have had to talk quite a few people through installing mods.

You might want to put your latest version first, or tidy up the first post somewhat.

Edit - i also changed the title slightly, hope you don't mind.
Hi con20or.

I updated my first post with the newest video so people don't get lost. Yeah I know it's a bit loud. I have a volume switch on my headset, and it never occurred to me that others may not have it as well.

Thanks con20or for the sticky. :)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: How to install a mod (video)

Post by RebBugler »

This link appears dead, least for me. Since it is a Sticky it probably needs to be deleted or fixed. A dead sticky does not represent SOW well.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Ham920
Reactions:

Post by Ham920 »

You guys are right! A dead sticky makes it look like you don't care and aren't very diligent. After playing SOW I put it away and have since come back to it. I was hoping this sticky would tell me how to add some of the mods I've downloaded, but as indicated the link is dead. Can you please tell me where I can go to learn how to add some of the mods I have? Thanks.
Ingles of the 57th
Reactions:

Post by Ingles of the 57th »

I might be wrong but I don't think any of Mike's downloads work now.

After his recent spat with the forum moderator, it looks as if he has severed all connection with SOW GB forum.

Geoff Laver Late of Her Britannic Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot
"Die hard, my men. Die hard the 57th."
Last words of Col Ingles commanding His Majesty's 57th Regiment of Foot at Albuhera 1811

Marshal Beresford wrote in his despatch "Our dead, particularly the 57th Regiment,were lying as they fought in the ranks, every wound in front"
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I have attempted to contact Mike to see if he will re-link them or send them to me so I can re-host them or something. Either way we'll see if we can get it straitened out some how.