German Unification

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Eugene of Savoy
Reactions:

German Unification

Post by Eugene of Savoy »

Not sure how many of you are interested in the wars of German Unification but has anyone considered making a mod for SOW surrounding the Austro-Prussian/ Franco-Prussian wars?
I know one of the earlier games had a German Unification mod but I would love to see one for SOW.
Again, not sure how many of you guys would have an interest in this but it would sure be fun to take on Napoleon III at Sedan!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: German Unification

Post by RebBugler »

Javol!
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Eugene of Savoy
Reactions:

Post by Eugene of Savoy »

Its good to see your enthusiastic about it RebBugler as you are a skilled modder indeed.
It seems like it is the perfect combination of Napoleonic pomp and ACW tactics/technology.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Nulled
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Back on topic (a new thread is a good idea for a different subject Mike!), yes, I find the wars of German unification to be a great period in history and really these are the start of truly modern wars with breech-loading weapons and by 1870-71, common use of the machine gun. The Napoleonic hold-overs still remain though in brightly coloured uniforms, massed cavalry charges (or more usualy failed attempts at them) and close order formations.

Given the extreme ranges and lethality of weapons (by 1870) the game would need a lot of modification which would most likely place it alongside the Napoleonic mod in that it would only be single player, which is a great shame.

I would be very interested in helping such a project with uniform and scenario research and OOBs as I have an extensive library on the conflicts of 1864, 1866 and 1870-71.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Nulled
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

Yes! I am very interested. I could never get it to work in TC2M. It seems that the code was corrupted. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Don
Reactions:

Post by Don »

The German Unification game for TC2M download in Media Fire is corrupted. I've been told that the originator had to fix it. It's useless as it is.