Map Icons

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Map Icons

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Hi Guy's would you be able to help an old boy out?
Now you see these nice small red Icons....well I prefer those over the Big yellow icons
can anyone tell me why I get the big yellow ones some times, I would really like to make the Red Icons my default icons for the maps.

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There will always be a counter argument!
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Map Icons

Post by Davinci »

Well, as you know the red ones are not the default icons, so you have downloaded a mod that has those icons in it!

The normal procedure would be to keep that particular Mod active, but I have no idea if this will conflict with any other Mod.

So, there are really two ways that you can go about this!

1) Create a folder on the Desktop – and name it something like Red Icons .
Now create another folder and name that one Graphics .
Now create another folder and name that one Screens .

You now, have to locate which Mod has the Red Icons in it, and search for a file called Map_Icons .

Copy the Map_Icons to the Desktop with the three files that you just created above.

Now, Drag the Map_Icons graphic file into the Screens folder.

Then, Drag the Screens folder into the Graphics folder.

Now, Drag the Graphics folder into the Red Icons folder.

Now, place the Red Icons folder into your C:\NorbSoftDev\ScourgeofWar-Gettysburg\Mods – folder.

2) The second way is not the approved way of modding – You would just drag the modded red Map_Icons into your C:\NorbSoftDev\ScourgeofWar-Gettysburg\Base\Graphics\Screens – folder and over-write the default file.

As, noted above – that would be the wrong way to go about doing it!

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Davinci Sir!
I thank you for the step by step guide..............hmmm step 2 you say isnt the correct way :)

Then I guess step 2 it is then :evil:

your humble servant etc

Braxton ( the wrong way ) Bragg
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Davinci Sir

That Red Icon I have found is Garniers Mod screen map icon, so I have copied that across
into RebBugler's Bugle and flags map screen folder and hey presto now i have the Flags and Garniers Map Icon

Happy days :)

Now you can see the units better not so much clutter!!
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Braxton ( the wrong way ) Bragg
Hah , I see that Jack's naming-system is starting to take hold!

BTW - Those Rebel Flags - are the work of the Reb's , (i.e...RebBugler) and I agree they are a must have!

davinci
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

yes Sir, many thanks to RebBugler, as you say his flags are a must :)

Also many thanks to Mr Garnier whose mods I adore :)

Braxton Bragg
Last edited by Braxton Bragg on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Excuse the quick question, but do RebBugler's flags only show in Antietam scenarios, or do they show in sandbox, Gettysburg OOBs, other maps, etc?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Excuse the quick question, but do RebBugler's flags only show in Antietam scenarios, or do they show in sandbox, Gettysburg OOBs, other maps, etc?
I have the Antietam CSA flag mod and it comes with specific OOB to use the new flags(OOB_SB_Antietam_DRF.csv and so...) and can be used in sandbox.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I have the Antietam CSA flag mod and it comes with specific OOB to use the new flags(OOB_SB_Antietam_DRF.csv and so...) and can be used in sandbox.
Correct, you are!

The OOB will have to be edited to play with the flags in the Open Play (i.e...Sand Box Thing) game.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

I have a question about the map icons. I consider the originals too big for some maps, but they are clear and the colors and detail is perfect to me. I ve tried the icon mods but I am not convinced. I´d like to use the originals but smaller. Does it exist?.

If not, Anybody could explain me the faster and easier mode to rescale the icons? let´s say... a 30 per cent smaller.

I have photoshop knowledge. But being an ingame graphic archive... I suppose it is not so simple.

Thanks
Last edited by Gudadantza on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.